The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Bend Bonanza

last year they had a 600mtr race for lurchers ,are they having one this year ?.i would make the journey for a marathon race and im sure the race would fill as it did last year..........jim

last year they had a 600mtr race for lurchers ,are they having one this year ?.i would make the journey for a marathon race and im sure the race would fill as it did last year..........jim
If there's enough people interested for a lurcher 6 bend race then we can have one.

If there's enough people interested for a lurcher 6 bend race then we can have one.
is it still the storm memorial for the lurchers and do they need racing jackets vicky

sarah :thumbsup:

is it still the storm memorial for the lurchers and do they need racing jackets vicky

I need to know when the storm memorial is as I have the trophy which needs to be returned.

Sarah, we didn't use jackets last time. but if you have them, bring them.

Roger

Yes Roger, the storm memorial is for this event.

With regards to running an unders 6 bends race, if there is enough interest beforehand then we will get prizes and the race will go ahead.

Yes Roger, the storm memorial is for this event.
With regards to running an unders 6 bends race, if there is enough interest beforehand then we will get prizes and the race will go ahead.
Sorry Vicky, I didnt make myself clear :unsure: I was just seeing if there were any other under 23" lurchers or if Littl'Un will be running on his own ;)

I wouldnt run him on a 6 bend, tho am sure he would do it given the chance lol

Are the lurchers running from traps ?

Might come down with Molly and Layla, if i can get the day off,

molly would run with little un Tina, but she wont go from a trap.

Are the lurchers running from traps ?

Might come down with Molly and Layla, if i can get the day off,

molly would run with little un Tina, but she wont go from a trap.
Yea they run from traps, it makes it fairer as there is no chance of early slipping etc ;)

Thanks Tina

Dont think molly would run from one and very much dount i would even get layla near one

or that she would fit in to one lol

it a shame more people dont trap there dogs its a good day out

roger

I need to know when the storm memorial is as I have the trophy which needs to be returned.

Roger
Thanks roger for getting back to us do they still do the supreme run off for the storm memorial trophie were the under has to run against the over or is it back to normal now .As when we went back in 2009 the lurchers had to wear racing jackets.Also had to do a supreme run off too

Roger
Thanks roger for getting back to us do they still do the supreme run off for the storm memorial trophie were the under has to run against the over or is it back to normal now .As when we went back in 2009 the lurchers had to wear racing jackets.Also had to do a supreme run off too

yes sarah overs run against unders for trophy we didnt run in jackets dont have any lol

roger

it a shame more people dont trap there dogs its a good day out
roger

Mines never been in a trap simply because Ive never needed to put her in one,

its only occasionally she runs at the track and i prefare to hand slip when we do.

My other dog i very much doubt would fit in one, shes a 32" deerhound and there's no way

i would even attempt to get her in one.

Hi Vicky

I have just read on the Westhoughton Stadium website that the stadium is now closed so just wondered whats going to happen

Many thanks

Sonia

Hi VickyI have just read on the Westhoughton Stadium website that the stadium is now closed so just wondered whats going to happen

Many thanks

Sonia
its an old post Sonia it has since been taken over by Kevin and the whippet club is back running on Saturdays 2pm

Back