The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Bath Championship Show

Well said Kerry. :thumbsup:

Very fair gave everyone the same amount of time. pleasant and polite to.

NOT a clockwork judge.

Thank you for coming to the uk to judge our wonderfull breed i hope you return again one day.

Well said Kerry. :thumbsup:
Very fair gave everyone the same amount of time. pleasant and polite to.

NOT a clockwork judge.

Thank you for coming to the uk to judge our wonderfull breed i hope you return again one day.
Absolutely agree Tina!!

I felt it was a lovely atmosphere at Bath and I thoroughly enjoyed the show. Also when you've left home at 5.30 a.m. and paid a fair bit in diesel and entry fees it really nice to feel that the judge has given you the courtesy of looking properly at your dog - regardless of final placings.

I agree that the judge, on this day, gave every one the same deal(rightly so) but there is judges that do that here already. I must say, from when I arrived & of what I saw, the judge did not seem to either slow or fast & Whippets were finished in time for the group.

I also noticed that some coming & going movement of some, that were placed was not correct but that is just my opinion. :-

Oh yes there are many judge's here in the uk that i would enter under time and time again if able to.

And some i wouldn't just like many other people

At the end of the day judges decision is final, you pay your money and take your chance. ;)

Been in this game long enough to know that :thumbsup:

You win some, you lose some. It all depends on what the judge is looking for and also if they are honest.

After reading the Andrew Brace saga I do wish the KC would monitor ALL judging.

Off topic and I apologise. At the end of the day it is nice to see a typey line up and know what the judge was looking for. :cheers:

was gonna say lol u do pay ur money take your chance except under mr brace lol then u waste your money and have no chance! sorry off topic i wasnt at bath but i met jarmo at crufts just after vespa came back shame my bitch missed but i believe it wasnt meant to be things happen for a reason i call it fate , but still loved vespa

The dogs dont get any better ( or worse ) the longer you look at them . If a judge starts `dithering about places `I lose all confidence in their abilty to judge my breed
And to JAX; your comment is totally wrong, some dogs starts to move better and better as longer they move, and standing is just a few seconds judge looks that dog. The more seconds judge looks your dog the better possibility is that it's some time also well stacked.

Again mho

When a judge just stands and looks at the dogs ( without moving them ) is the time Im on about , not dogs that move about , just standing still .

Most dogs get bored ,lose topline and start to sink into themsleves the longer the judges dither . and not only that , but it makes my back ache too :wacko: ;)

Back