The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Basc Game Fair, Ballywalter, Northern Ireland

bonio

Registered
Reaction score
The NL&RC are once again running the Lurcher,Terrier & Whippet show at Ballywalter Park on the Ards Peninsula Northern Ireland on Sat. and Sun. 2nd. & 3rd. May.18 classes for lurchers, 4 child handler classes, 20 terrier classes & 3 whippet classes.Showing is a qualifier for NLRC Chatsworth ( lurchers ) adult & child handler, Scottish lurcher & terrier Championships, Northern Ireland lurcher & terrier Championships & Pride of the Peaks.Also a qualifier for NLRC Members Championship at Sth Wingfield on 27th Sept. Racing for lurchers, terriers & whippets before showing,muzzles are compulsory for lurchers & terriers, please bring your own muzzle. Racing at 11am Showing at 2pm. Enq. tel 07801454897, 07725137170 or 07725137172.

Look forward to seeing you there.

ile be there and alot of people i know will be there too 8)

ile be there and alot of people i know will be there too 8)
thanks looking forward to seeing you all we are looking forward to meeting some k9ers over in Ireland. Hope you all have a nice time.

Is the showing and racing on for both days? Are the whippet show classes and racing for pure whippets only or whippet crosses?

thanks,

Janet

Is the showing and racing on for both days? Are the whippet show classes and racing for pure whippets only or whippet crosses?
thanks,

Janet
The showing and racing are on both days. The whippet racing is for all whippets not just peds but racing whippets as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply Bonio, but when I asked about pure whippets, i don't mean show or racing types, i mean is it confined to pure whippets only, or will whippet crosses be allowed?

many thanks

Janet

I would think that whippets means pure breed/ pedigree whippets. :)

Whippet crosses would normally be in the lurcher racing, that's what happens at the shows we go to. :thumbsup:

looking forward to it well done for making a stand on muzzles good to see the rules being inforced on both accounts ie whippets racing straight breed whippets

Well if there is going to be conflict over whats considered a whippet & whats not then y dont u just make it an U21" race then that keeps everybody happy as it is mainly a lurcher show.. :thumbsup: just an idea.. :))

Looking forward to Ballywalter & seeing u all again.. :thumbsup:

Rose :))

How could there be any conflict? A whippet is a breed, a pure breed, and the organiser advertised a "whippet" race, so I would take from what was printed that the whippet race is exactly that!!! :D It's a well know fact that whippet crosses are quicker than the pure breds, so in my opinion it wouldn't be fair to race them against each other.

Just my opinion ;) ;)

The ballywalter gamefair always goes of with a bang, loooking forward to this year hopefully the sun will be out.

How could there be any conflict? A whippet is a breed, a pure breed, and the organiser advertised a "whippet" race, so I would take from what was printed that the whippet race is exactly that!!! :D It's a well know fact that whippet crosses are quicker than the pure breds, so in my opinion it wouldn't be fair to race them against each other.
Just my opinion ;) ;)
Like i said 'IF' & it was just an idea.. :thumbsup: so do ya have to produce KC papers to say it's a whippet then or is it just if people decide it is a whippet or not?? :- (w00t) :thumbsup:

Hi Rose, good to see you're back on form :lol:

I only asked the question to clarify what would be allowed to race/show in the whippet classes. I have no problem racing in an under 21" lurcher race if that's all there is, but when it's advertised as a "whippet" race or class, then that's what i would expect to be competing against, whippets!!

As for deciding what is or isn't a whippet, I'm not prepared to get into that, we all know what we have in our kennels ;)

Hope you're feeling better again, was asking your mum where you where on Saturday.

Janet

Hi Rose, good to see you're back on form :lol:
I only asked the question to clarify what would be allowed to race/show in the whippet classes. I have no problem racing in an under 21" lurcher race if that's all there is, but when it's advertised as a "whippet" race or class, then that's what i would expect to be competing against, whippets!!

As for deciding what is or isn't a whippet, I'm not prepared to get into that, we all know what we have in our kennels ;)

Hope you're feeling better again, was asking your mum where you where on Saturday.

Janet
Hi janet, i was just saying an idea to keep peace.. :thumbsup: it doesnt effect me at all what happens in the whippet classes.. :thumbsup: im feeling alot better now thanx,lol.. :thumbsup:

Just to clarify the situation the Whippet racing will be for pedigree/pure bred whippets. The crossbreds/lurchers will have the U23" & O'23" racing. We have no plans to run under 21" racing.It will be Whippets, Under 23" lurchers & Over 23" lurchers. There will be 3 show classes for whippets, dog bitch & pup with a Champion whippet at the end. Whippets will also be able to enter the Pairs class and also the Child Handler classes were it's the handler that's judged not the dog. Hope everyone understands this and we look forward to seeing you all there

thank you for setling this matter could not be more clear looking forward to it saving the spending money for the stalls might even visit the beer tent LOL has any body heard is tony the ferret man comming hav nt been talking to him for a while

thank you for setling this matter could not be more clear looking forward to it saving the spending money for the stalls might even visit the beer tent LOL has any body heard is tony the ferret man comming hav nt been talking to him for a while
It's a pleasure

a quick question is the veteran lurcher class for over 5 yrs or over 7 yrs?? :unsure:

Thanks,

Back