The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Ballywalter Game Fair N. Ireland

Had a great day today meeting up with all our whippet, lurcher and terrier friends :) and also had some success at the whippet showing and racing!Congratulations to all the winners, sorry don't have all the names. Here's a pic of me with Renoir who won the overall whippet show champion, and Janet with Vixen who won the whippet racing. Thanks to the NL&RC for the beautiful rosettes and trophies.

BWalter09ShowRaceChamps.jpg

Well done to you both,they are looking fab :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Great pics Deirdre :thumbsup: and looks like you've got sommat a bit special in Diego, Rose :thumbsup: Well Done,look forward to reading how he does as he matures :thumbsup:

I had a great weekend at Ballywalter & especially with Diego & Zola,lol.. :D was so proud off them both.. :thumbsup: it was nice to meet up with everyone again & nice to meet up with the NLRC gang, use did ur best with the grounds & ran a great show.. :thumbsup: WELLDONE to all the winners & competitors.. :thumbsup:

Great pix mum,LOL... :p 8)

Rose :)

Last edited by a moderator:
am surprised to see a message from Urchin. I believe she has a whippet Digit who is a half-brother of one of my dogs (and Keith's Jill also has the same sire as our dogs). I was off to Scotland, racing only one dog. He wasn't the biggest dog running, but they do have a strict 21" height limit in ped whip racing, and many whippets were so tiny they looked like a different breed (or variety anyway). My dog won the cons semifinal, but was only 3rd in the final after making a poor start and gamely trying to catch up -- probably would do better if he had more practice with the traps. Seems you had a good weekend at Ballywalter; we had a good weekend at Kincardine too.

Hi Macha - you have a good memory, I do indeed have Digit! :D

Sadly he wasn't at Ballywalter with me as we were only over for the weekend.....but hopefully we'll have a big enough car to bring all the dogs with us soon.

I'll PM you next time we are coming over for a game fair (could be Shanes Castle???) and we'll see if we can meet up :D and if you're you're over for any in England let me know!

We stopped at the beach on the way home, which im sure a few of you did :D Paris, Zola and Diego had a great time :D

A few pics :D

DSCF4369.jpg

DSCF4353.jpg

DSCF4354.jpg

DSCF4337.jpg

DSCF4338.jpg

DSCF4340.jpg

DSCF4359.jpg

DSCF4363.jpg

DSCF4358.jpg

DSCF4347.jpg

DSCF4346.jpg

DSCF4345.jpg

The dogs just love the beach :thumbsup:

boy it was a muddy weekend allright but good company and well organized event .

well done to all you entered their dogs in the showing and raceing.

love looking at the photos

Back