The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Ballywalter 2008

stormydog

Registered
Reaction score
Saturday was the first gamefair of the year here and drew all the usual suspects outve hibernation. its always interesting to see who still has old dogs and who has has new ones...whos borrowed some and whos got blue ones !

NLRC were hosting the show again on Lord Dunleiths (john tugs his forelock) estate in Ballywalter. sadly they were allocated a small track of exactly 80 of my footsteps :wacko: ..not the clubs fault i must add.

heats, semis and finals was the order of the day beginning with th over 23" class. The current All-Ireland champion ..Jack..was in fine fettle and made it through along with Smokey Tess (i think) and Colt. after a mad burst of power Colt lead from the line and managed to keep the wolves at bay with very little between all at the line with Jack as RsCh.

Unders was as exciting with all the thrills and spills and close racing with China taking Champ and deirdres-blubells Paris taking res. ofcourse it wouldnt do that China waould just run the track and either stop at the lure or maybe run back down....she had to sneak out of the track at the finish line..run past the crowd outside the metal barrier and back onto the starting line only to do a lap of honour back up again ! (shes dropped the monkey prefix and is now the ninja-dog)

The show had some cracking dogs and locals Jim and Lyn murray done really well coming away with numerous class wins. Ninja-dog took smooth bitch under 23" title with miss tori in 3rd . show final was interesting but was swallowed up by the indefatiguable Clint owned by william and samantha mckeown for about the 45th time !

today was a bit damp at times but didnt detract from the atmosphere. first up over 23"s, similar line up as yesterday with a few new faces.

Colt versus Jack in first heat . Colt took it clean and carried on into the bushes with another dog but on his way back i noticed he was a bit iffy at the back left so i walked him around for 5 mins and decided to pull him from the final.

The final had jack smokey suki and a 4th dog with Smokey and Jack battling for the top spot with Smokey taking it and Jack Rsch.

Unders like the overs was similar with only a heat and a final. The final was another cracking race with China managing to keep the lead from Zena and Paris who finished in that order. Show title went to Clint for the second day in a row who showed his heart out !

if im wrong on any of these selections i apologise.

heres the pix.

Pairs Colt and sis Slip

S8302110.jpg

Sox ..Colts bro (a monster too..28" 80lb)

S8302096.jpg

saturdays double winning team !

S8302117.jpg

the merry gang (china watching bubbles floating past) lol

S8302127.jpg

new kids on the block....hector & whiskey in pup class

S8302115.jpg

john...with an injured dog and a ninja-dog !

Some great looking dogs there

Sounds like you had a great couple of days

Well done to Colt and China both doing so well

80LB Thats a big un int it!!!!!! (w00t)

stormydog said:
Saturday was the first gamefair of the year here and drew all the usual suspects outve hibernation. its always interesting to see who still has old  dogs and who has has new ones...whos borrowed some and whos got blue ones ! NLRC were hosting the show again on Lord Dunleiths (john tugs his forelock) estate in Ballywalter. sadly they were allocated a small track of exactly 80 of my footsteps  :wacko: ..not the clubs fault i must add.

heats, semis and finals was the order of the day beginning with th over 23" class.  The current All-Ireland champion ..Jack..was in fine fettle and made it through along with Smokey Tess (i think) and Colt.  after a mad burst of power Colt lead from the line and managed to keep the wolves at bay with very little between all at the line with Jack as RsCh.

Unders was as exciting with all the thrills and spills and close racing with China taking Champ and deirdres-blubells  Paris taking res.  ofcourse it wouldnt do that China waould just run the track and either stop at the lure or maybe run back down....she had to sneak out of the track at the finish line..run past the crowd outside the metal barrier and back onto the starting line only to do a lap of honour back up again !  (shes dropped the monkey prefix and is now the ninja-dog)

The show had some cracking dogs and locals Jim and Lyn murray done really well coming away with numerous class wins. Ninja-dog took smooth bitch under 23" title with miss tori in 3rd . show final was interesting but was swallowed up by the indefatiguable Clint owned by william and samantha mckeown for about the 45th time !

today was a bit damp at times but didnt detract from the atmosphere. first up over 23"s,  similar line up as yesterday with a few new faces.

Colt versus Jack in first heat . Colt took it clean and carried on into the bushes with another dog but on his way back i noticed he was a bit iffy at the back left so i walked him around for 5 mins and decided to pull him from the final.

The final had jack smokey suki and a 4th dog with Smokey and Jack battling for the top spot with Smokey taking it and Jack Rsch.

Unders like the overs was similar with only a heat and a final.  The final was another cracking race with China managing to keep the lead from Zena and Paris who finished in that order.  Show title went to Clint for the second day in a row who showed his heart out ! 

if im wrong on any of these selections i apologise.

heres the pix.

Pairs  Colt and sis Slip

S8302110.jpg

Sox ..Colts bro (a monster too..28"  80lb)

S8302096.jpg

saturdays double winning team !

S8302117.jpg

the merry gang (china watching bubbles floating past) lol

S8302127.jpg

new kids on the block....hector & whiskey in pup class

S8302115.jpg

john...with an injured dog and a ninja-dog !

well done john with colt and china hope colts ok :thumbsup: darren and co

Thanks for the pics John :thumbsup: well done all the winners :thumbsup:

Great In Depth Commentary as always J! :thumbsup:

Well done to all the winners and Reserve Champs!

Thanks for trying to inform us of the show start time John, its a real pity we didnt make it. :b

congratulations stormy...winning both unders and overs !! thats a great day out. chinas really shaping up for 12 months !

well done all the others too ! :thumbsup:

Well done John - another good weekend for you.

See you at Pickering on Sunday.

Deb

yea well done to everyone was a good couple of days :cheers:

lovelylady said:
congratulations stormy...winning both unders and overs !!  thats a great day out.  chinas really shaping up for 12 months !well done all the others too !  :thumbsup:

Hi it was nice meting you and loved the pink wellies lol , you should have raced your new pup in the whippet racing , have you had a go at puting your pics on yet

Ian

Last edited by a moderator:
dont you start about these boots !! i heard enough from your buddy !

these are great dogs in these piccies....all look like winners to me !

john wants me to buy size 8 pink boots :*

Last edited by a moderator:
lovelylady said:
dont you start about these boots !!  i heard enough from your buddy !
  these are  great dogs in these piccies....all look like winners to me !

john wants me to buy size 8 pink boots  :*

OH NO HE DOESNT !! HE ALSO HATES CROCS TOO :rant:

fab pics looks like a good day was had :cheers: ooo yeh by the way stormster i think china needs a bit of bling dont you poor girl will grow up as a tom boy living with you two fellas ,wel have to sort out that at next meet me think some gorguse bling crystals for her me thinks :- " (w00t) :wub:

nicky12 said:
fab pics looks like a good day was had  :cheers: ooo yeh by the way stormster i think china needs a bit of bling dont you poor girl will grow up as a tom boy living with you two fellas ,wel have to sort out that at next meet me think some gorguse bling crystals for her me thinks  :- "  (w00t)   :wub:
shes got a few girlie collars..ill take a few pix and post them..shes all girl dont worry nic :*

Back