The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Bally Walter Game Fair

billyboy45

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this great gamefair,is doin lurchers n terriers both days,or just one.Would like to know what day the lurchers n terriers are on.Sat,or Sun.Thanx in advance.Billy.

i think the show is just the 1 day this year and not 2 as before

its only on the sunday billy for the lurcher and terriers and whippets :))

Moira Game Fair is only on one day this year also Sunday 30th May...was wondering does anyone know what date Florence Court is on and will it be clashing with Moira...

(w00t) Hi,, Florence Court is on the same day as Moira this year :wacko: ,, decisions decisions which 1 will we go 2 :( lol Jim likes Moira, i like Florence Court any bets on who gets there way with this 1, my money is on me lol :thumbsup:

Its a pity they have to clash as i love Florence Court... Patsy likes the game fair so it will be Moira for us :thumbsup:

No show for me that day as i'll be engaged in higher things :thumbsup: i vote for saturday shows, all the way ;)

Can Florence Court not change their date. Surely they know the Kanine fraternity of Northern Ireland attend both Moira and Florence Court shows every year. Both great shows. It will be a terrible disappointment to most people if they cannot attend both shows. If Florence court insist on going on the same date as Moira, it may not be very cost effective for them. Just a suggestion, why not have the dog show on the Saturday and the rest of the show on Sunday.?

I know a lot of reading :wacko: all the information you need on Ballywalter Game Fair :thumbsup:

Final arragements for the Terrier & Lurcher show have been made for the NEW Ballywalter Game & Country Living Fair on Sunday 2nd May. There will be a main arena display of terriers and lurchers in the morning with show and racing ( in a new location) starting at 1.00pm . There will be classes and racing for terriers, whippets and Lurchers.

Prizes include Trophies, Rosettes and a bag of Feedwell Dog Food for each class winner; Engraved Tankards plus more Dog Food and other prizes for Champion Terrier, Lurcher and Whippet and £50 for overall Show Champion.

Visitors to the Ballywalter Game and Country Living Fair will have a very different experience to that offered by the BASC Fair previously held at this venue. For a start the attractions and

competitions have all been crammed into one day of superb entertainment all featured within a completely different layout. There will be a much better range of trade stands including everything the dog owner could possibly want.

Instead of the house and stable yard simply forming a backdrop to the Fair they will be an

integral part of it. Lord and Lady Dunleath have kindly offered to provide guided tours of the house, the lawns will feature falconry and fly casting displays, there will be a superb display of vintage cars in front of the house and the stable yard will feature one of the largest displays of guns and sporting attractions ever seen at any Game Fair in Ireland.

In short the ambience of the house and surrounds will set the tone of this Fair – a new stylish and elegant, yet very traditional game fair. All the old favourite attractions will be there together some new very ones and the whole event will be focused on involvement, interaction and participation in a real celebration of traditional country sports and country life.

The old Victorian stables will form a perfect backdrop to a fantastic display of vintage weapons and militaria by the Edgar family plus one of the largest displays of guns made by John Rigby the famous Irish gunmaker and a massive display of modern sporting firearms. There will also be lots of shooting action including a first class clay pigeon shoot organised by the Ballycranmore club; black powder displays by the muzzle loaders and have a go air rifle and lazer shooting.

Traditional country crafts such as stickmaking , net making and taxidermy are also featured as Ballywalter hosts a fantastic display of taxidermy by the master Belfast Victorian taxidermist John Sheals. Bangor taxidermist Ingrid Houwers will be on hand to not only discuss the exhibit but to demonstrate her own more modern skills.

With a fine range of catering available, children’s amusements, full bar facilities, excellent parking and a beautiful site to wander this really will offer the family a superb day out.

AND as a real bonus there is a very special INTRODUCTORY ticket offer available in advance or at the gate i.e. The ticket price at Ballywalter of £10 Adult or £25 Family ( car

parking and programme FREE) also gives FREE admission to the Irish Game Fair at Shanes Castle (26th and 27th June 2010). Thus visitors to Ballywalter can enjoy two great days out for the price of one! Full details can be had from the web site www.ballywaltergamefair.com, by emailing irishgamefair@btinternet.com or by calling 028 (from ROI) 048 44839167

For terrier & Lurcher enthusiasts a special £15 ticket is available for advanced purchase from me which gives admission to Ballywalter and admission both days to Shanes Castle.

Albertj

Back