The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Bad Day For Alfie

Janimal said:
Sorry to hear Alfie is still not 100 per cent. :(   Has he got to go back to the vets Sarah ??
He has picked up dramatically this morning, begging for food, playing football in the garden, he seems very happy :thumbsup:

Hi there ,

Poor Alfie , He's been having a terrible time lately . Do you feed him NatureDiet by any chance ?

I don't know if this helps but my shiba had a similar stomach problem earlier this year with really hard tummy and terrible wind which smelt bad. I just couldn't work out what was causing it as I hadn't changed his diet in any way , which was Nature Menu chicken and rice . As a last resort, I put him onto boiled rice and chicken and he improved instantly.Only thing was , I found that there wasn't enough fibre in the boiled chicken and rice and it made his motions quite soft . He is now doing really well on Laughing dog complete . I don't know why , but NatureDiet is quite different in texture now and it certainly was the cause of his tummy upset . My Mum's Boxers have also had to be taken off it for the same reason .

Best wishes to you both :luck:

Goodness me ive only just read this thread!

Poor you and Alfie, hope you find out why he has been poorly!

What a worry, send him Billy Ellie and my love to get back to his normal self :huggles:

LasVegasNo1 said:
Janimal said:
Sorry to hear Alfie is still not 100 per cent. :(    Has he got to go back to the vets Sarah ??

He has picked up dramatically this morning, begging for food, playing football in the garden, he seems very happy :thumbsup:

Thats extremely good news :cheers: To Alfie :huggles: :huggles:

JAXASS14D said:
Hi there , Poor Alfie , He's been having a terrible time lately . Do you feed him NatureDiet by any chance ?

I don't know if this helps but my shiba had a similar stomach problem earlier this year with really hard tummy and terrible wind which smelt bad. I just couldn't work out what was causing it as I hadn't changed his diet in any way , which was Nature Menu chicken and rice . As a last resort, I put him onto boiled rice and chicken and he improved instantly.Only thing was , I found that there wasn't enough fibre in the boiled chicken and rice and it made his motions quite soft . He is now doing really well on Laughing dog complete . I don't know why , but NatureDiet is quite different in texture now and it certainly was the cause of his tummy upset . My Mum's Boxers have also had to be taken off it for the same reason .

Best wishes to you both  :luck:

I feed mine Nature Diet and they are fine on it.

There was a problem with Nature Diet earlier in the year. I noticed one or two packs in our local petshop, where the packs had 'blown' indicating rotting food. One or two others on K9 also reported the same problem.

Pretty sure this is all cleared up now and haven't noticed any problems since.

Sarah - hope Alfie continues to improve!

Poor Alfie!

Hope he feels better soon! :luck:

:huggles: from, Emma, Ten & Blue.x

Poor Alfie!

:luck: hope he feels better soon! :luck:

:huggles: from, Em, Ten & Blue.x

We have the old Alfie back! :thumbsup: He is 100% better now and bouncing round the house like a colied spring :wub: Thanks for all your posts, fingers crossed 'it' doesn't return :)

Alfie is on Natures Menu, similar to Nature Diet but it comes in a pouch, before all this started he hadn't had any Natures Menu for a long time so it couldn't be that either! :teehee:

That's excellent!! :D :cheers: So pleased to hear that Alfie is back to his usual self!! :wub: :wub: :huggles: :huggles:

Back