The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Another Rescue

Dippy

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here. Loved reqading all the posts. Just got my second rescue iggy. I had my first girl for 4 yrs till she got cancer and died aged 12, is now chasing rainbows. I have now got a 10yr old boy. I'd swear he is more like 10 months by the energy of him, he is a real puller! He is very large for an IG but he has papers to prove it! He came with a cut down large greyhound collar and I have put my girls old one on him for now but he really needs a bigger one. Any advice on the best place for a nice soft collar? Possibly even a small whippet collar as his neck measures 10" and he is definitely not overweight?

:)
Wel.gif
to the forum. Any pictures of your little boy? :thumbsup:

Hello and welcome. I look forward to chatting with you. :)

Hi there :D

www.togsfordogs.net make beautiful things for iggies. Their collars are lovely soft leather and their snuggle-beds are really well made and they're in the UK.

For a fun collar try www.k9closet.com I use their collars all the time and even though they're fabric they wear really well and can just be popped in the washing machine. They ship to the UK even though they're in the US and they're really not expensive for the quality. The fabric is lovely and soft. I think 10" sounds Ig sized rather than whippet.

Good luck with your boy :thumbsup:

Thanks for the help. I'll try to get a few photos him when he stops still for a moment!

zilloot said:
Hi there :D
www.togsfordogs.net make beautiful things for iggies.  Their collars are lovely soft leather and their snuggle-beds are really well made and they're in the UK.

For a fun collar try www.k9closet.com  I use their collars all the time and even though they're fabric they wear really well and can just be popped in the washing machine.  They ship to the UK even though they're in the US and they're really not expensive for the quality.  The fabric is lovely and soft.  I think 10" sounds Ig sized rather than whippet.

Good luck with your boy :thumbsup:

Well done you for adopting a golden oldie. The old ones are so lovely :wub: .

Togs for Dogs is definitely the place to go for soft leather IG collars, coats which are the right shape and they do lovely beds.

I hope you have many happy fun filled years with your new boy.

I've still got the snuggle bed that my little girl used but he prefers the normal dog bed which came with him! Maybe once he settles down in his new home he may snuggle! I'll check out the collars and he will need a coat for the colder days too, Took sme photos but he kept moving..........

Welcome and good luck with your new boy - look forward to seeing some pictures :thumbsup:

Hello everyone,

I live in Scotland and love iggys!

I would love to provide a home for two iggys, they really are such fantastic dogs. Could you help put me in touch with a breeder or rescue centre?

I've had a look online not had much luck.

Many thanks in advance!

Back