The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Allergy, Virus, Any Ideas????

couldnt stop laughing at your description of the spider hunt nina! :lol: ive beeen there bought the t shirt etc.hate spiders and all creepy crawleys! :sweating: jacs bitch nelly had a similar problem like this last week.we still dont know what started it but her face was like a bulldogs,swollen up with hives .maybe it is a spider or it could be an allergic reaction to pollen but i suppose well never know. :unsure:

kris said:
couldnt stop laughing at your description of the spider hunt nina! :lol: ive beeen there bought the t shirt etc.hate spiders and all creepy crawleys! :sweating: jacs bitch nelly had a similar problem like this last week.we still dont know what started it but her face was like a bulldogs,swollen up with hives .maybe it is a spider or it could be an allergic reaction to pollen but i suppose well never know. :unsure:

They are just hideous aren't they kris :x

Maybe there is a new "super breed" of them this year :eek:

To cause such a drastic reaction, its not just a normal bite or sting :blink:

awwww, whats wrong with spiders? they are really harmless and eat nasty flies o:)

I know its diff species but one of my old horses had an allergic reaction once - his muzzle had swollen up so bad that his nostrils were almost closed :( He was given a antihistimine jab and was fine several hours later, but the vet said if his nostrils had continued to close up he'd need a trachacotomy (sp!) :( :eek: Seem to think he'd uncovered a wasps nest or something, wonder if you maybe have one in your garden?

Glad they are feeling better now anyway :thumbsup: :huggles:

whippynit said:
awwww, whats wrong with spiders? they are really harmless and eat nasty flies o:)

I know its diff species but one of my old horses had an allergic reaction once - his muzzle had swollen up so bad that his nostrils were almost closed :( He was given a antihistimine jab and was fine several hours later, but the vet said if his nostrils had continued to close up he'd need a trachacotomy (sp!) :( :eek: Seem to think he'd uncovered a wasps nest or something, wonder if you maybe have one in your garden?

Glad they are feeling better now anyway :thumbsup: :huggles:

Awww poor horse :huggles:

I am really getting the creeps now with all these creepy crawlies, i hate WASPS & ANTS & SPIDERS :x

I have looked round the patio & can see nothing :blink:

I just dont know what caused this :wacko:

Think your "Arnie" spider has fled over here Nik...Ryan (who is NOT freaked out by creepies at all) said he had just seen the MOTHER of all spiders on the wall in the garage this afternoon...I've not been in since!!! (w00t)

Glad Anneka and Dylan are better now :thumbsup: but it is all very strange...does sound like an allergic reaction to something...but what, I have no idea???

I love your story-telling skills though...very descriptive indeed!!! :lol: :p :teehee:

Last edited by a moderator:
05whippet said:
Think your "Arnie" spider has fled over here Nik...Ryan (who is NOT freaked out by creepies at all) said he had just seen the MOTHER of all spiders on the wall in the garage this afternoon...I've not been in since!!! (w00t)

Glad Anneka and Dylan are better now :thumbsup: but it is all very strange...does sound like an allergic reaction to something...but what, I have no idea???

I love your story-telling skills though...very descriptive indeed!!! :lol: :p :teehee:

Ok, please keep Mr Swarzenneggar over there in your garage & dont send him back here :thumbsup:

nina said:
05whippet said:

Ok, please keep Mr Swarzenneggar over there in your garage & dont send him back here :thumbsup:

NO WAY!!!!! If I can convince Ryan to catch him he is being bagged up and sent in a Jiffy bag straight back to you!! I have enough animals to look after here thankyou very much!! :lol:

NO WAY!!!!! If I can convince Ryan to catch him he is being bagged up and sent in a Jiffy bag straight back to you!! I have enough animals to look after here thankyou very much!!  :lol:

Now come on :- "

Dont be being like that :eek: one more you really wont notice & when he squashes up he really isnt that big (w00t)

Dont be mean, i share all my things with you you even "ARNIE"

Dont be so UNGRATEFUL :teehee: :p (w00t)

Nina,

I think you got me back for laughing at your antics with Arnie earlier in this thread.... Arnie has moved in here!!!!!!!!! (w00t)

I was sitting on the computer last night when in round the door scuttles the biggest brown spider I've ever seen. It stopped and turned to look right at me I squealed, jujmped a foot in the air and ran.

Willow bravely tried to rescue me by chasing it, but Arnie is now hiding beneath my computer desk. I know not where (why couldn't I be more tidy?!).

It's taken me most of today to be brave enough to use the computer, driven on by my internet addiction I have made it online now. :thumbsup:

But I swear, If I see that thing again I'm just up and moving house! :unsure:

Sorry for laughing, now could you take Arnie home again please? :unsure: (w00t) :blink:

Back