The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Alfies First Rabbit

bones1380

Registered
Reaction score
Took Alfie out for a quick shine last night.It was only his third session out with the lamp.

We walked across 2 fields to where i knew there where plenty of bunnies. First lamp about 8 rabbits going in all directions, I slipped Alfie and he picked a nice easy looking one but totally over shot the rabbit in all his excitement.

We had a couple more slips on this field with no success so we moved onto another field down the road, We walked about 200 yards on this field and spotted a rabbit about 60 yards away, i was just about to slip him when the rabbit started to run for the hedge. i flicked the lamp off left it a few seconds and flicked it back on, the rabbit was back in the field and sitting still, Alfie was off in hot pursuit and he chased it into the ditch, i thought it was all over and about to turn off lamp when i saw the rabbit come back out of the ditch with Alfie right on it's tail for about 10 yards before he caught it. :D

I was well chuffed and hope it is the first of many.

They dont give up that easy, well done Alfie :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Alfie's coming on well Dave :thumbsup: still a lot of growing to do he's going to be a big hunter WTG Alfie :thumbsup: Good luck with him :luck:

:thumbsup: It's always nice when they catch their first rabbit, (a very special moment) Leia had her first one at 10 months but nothing since, mind you she doesn't get much of a chance with Magpie around, Well done to Alfie. ;) Di

Thanks everyone for your replies. Alfie is just gone 7 months.

I took him out again last night no rabbits this time, but you should of seen his excitement when i squeeked a fox in to around 20 yards and on the next field we saw a muntjac.

well done Alfie, hope its the first of many :) nothing beats the feeling of a dogs first catch on the lamp

Kev

Well done ... :thumbsup: bet you are looking forward to next season..... some fun to be had!!!

Tracey x

:p WELL CAUGHT ALFIE. I WAS THERE LAMPING THAT NIGHT WITH THEM(ALFIES MUM)

Took Alfie out for a quick shine last night.It was only his third session out with the lamp. We walked across 2 fields to where i knew there where plenty of bunnies. First lamp about 8 rabbits going in all directions, I slipped Alfie and he picked a nice easy looking one but totally over shot the rabbit in all his excitement.

We had a couple more slips on this field with no success so we moved onto another field down the road, We walked about 200 yards on this field and spotted a rabbit about 60 yards away, i was just about to slip him when the rabbit started to run for the hedge. i flicked the lamp off left it a few seconds and flicked it back on, the rabbit was back in the field and sitting still, Alfie was off in hot pursuit and he chased it into the ditch, i thought it was all over and about to turn off lamp when i saw the rabbit come back out of the ditch with Alfie right on it's tail for about 10 yards before he caught it. :D

I was well chuffed and hope it is the first of many.
Great stuff.You must be well chuffed.

Amandaxx

Back