The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Alfie's Eyes Are Open

He is one handsome boy that is for sure. If he was a girl, we would be keeping him I think!!

Just want to say this is just before all the pups were wormed and had their nails trimmed - in case anyone noticed his nails were a bit long! :b

Jill, lucky for you that I've got enough boys, or this one would be coming home with me, I think he is absolutely gorgeous!

And here he is with his gorgeous mummy :wub:

URL=http://www.imagegrip.com/view-142_RubywithAlfie15days.jpg]
142_RubywithAlfie15days.jpg
[/url]

He is one handsome boy that is for sure. If he was a girl, we would be keeping him I think!!
Just want to say this is just before all the pups were wormed and had their nails trimmed - in case anyone noticed his nails were a bit long! :b
what nails i was too busy looking at that gorgeous face :lol:

what nails i was too busy looking at that gorgeous face :lol:

:lol: I was just thinking the exact same thing! :wub:

Oh my word Jill look at that face - how wonderful is he :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

What a little sweetheart he is Jill :wub:

Anyone of a certain age who has watched showjumping will look at his markings and say "Mr Softee".

Alfie is a stunning little boy.

Jenny

Anyone of a certain age who has watched showjumping will look at his markings and say "Mr Softee".
Alfie is a stunning little boy.

Jenny
Jenny, now you've got to explain that to me!! Definitely before my time!! :lol:

This is who Mr Softee was Rachel, I'm desperately trying to find a picture of him

Mister Softee

Mister Softee was one of the most prolific Show Jumping horses of his time. His first major success on the world stage was at the European Championships in 1962 where he won Individual Gold with David Barker.

In 1965 the ride passed to David Broome and over the following years the partnership amassed a remarkable record of successes.

Mister Softee helped David to numerous victories, including the King George V Gold Cup at the Royal International Horse Show and the British Jumping Derby in 1966 where they produced the only clear round of that year.

The pair won consecutive Dublin Grand Prix titles in 1967 and 1968 and Individual Gold at the 1967 and 1969 European Championships.

Perhaps their greatest moment was at the Mexico Olympics in 1968 where they won the Individual Bronze Medal, and produced the best two rounds in the team competition.

He is such a handsome boy, I wish he was mine. :b

Janetta

He is such a cutie. We are so pleased he has such a lovely new home awaiting him.

Back