The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Abandoned Whippie

Pimmscass

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place to post it...

A friend of mine is a community warden, on his rounds last Friday he was called to a park where a whippet had been abandoned. It was collected by the dog warden and taken to Edinburgh Cat and Dog Home. They will hold him for 7 days and then put him up for rehoming if not claimed.

Since he was tied up and left (this makes me SO SO SO angry!!!!) I doubt anyone will claim him. I wondered if anyone on here was looking for another one? I dont have the space or would have him myself. I have been to ECDH, and always leave feeling a bit sad, though they do a good job of looking after their inmates.

He is a black and white dog, I dont know any more than that other then he is very friendly and he had some grey on his face so might be a bit older.

He is here..

http://www.edch.org.uk/

Thanks

Gemma

How heartless can anyone be :rant: Tying a whippet to a fence and leaving him to God knows what fate :( :( :(

I hope the lad finds a lovely forever home very soon, he certainly deserves a better owner than his last one!!!!!

Thanks for the info.

I have let the local whippet rescue know in case they can do anything. Poor lad.

I would go and get him but I have enough to manage with Toddy at present. Hopefully, he will find a loving home quickly.

Don't see him on there now, maybe someone has snapped him up :- :luck: :luck:

Don't see him on there now, maybe someone has snapped him up :- :luck: :luck:

i think the link is just to show where he is, he wouldnt be on there site yet as they are still in the 7 days waiting to see if he will be claimed,

if we hadnt just moved id be pestering oh to go have a look, but i know he would say NO! :(

there arnt to many whippets in edinburgh,

any idea what park he was left in??

hope hes got a home again soon :huggles:

Youre right Katie...not many whippets about. I wonder where he's come from?

Might have to go an have a peek and see if I recognise him.

Im sure its time for you to sneak another one in :-

I have now sopken to the local whippet rescue and made the lady aware of the situation. They have had two dogs for rehoming lately but the lady who runs things locally will check her books and let anyone on her list know that there is a whippet dog at Seafield that should be up for rehome on Friday or Saturday.

I dont think I made it quite clear, he is not on the website, that is just the link incase anyone wanted to go and meet him, sorry! :clown:

He was left in a park in East Lothian, not in Edinburgh... apparantly he was quite thin and had a very poor coat etc....poor lad...

Eve, thanks so much for letting the whippet rescue know about it! I really hope they can take him on! :(

I spoke to Edinburgh Dog and cat home today as one of my friends was interested in taking on a rescue whippet.

Aparently the lad has been claimed and has gone home.

Strange that he was found tied up and abandoned. Perhaps someone found him roaming and tied him up then called the dog warden. Who knows, it does happen and whereas we might all bundle an abandoned whippet into our car, take him home, and THEN call the warden or look on lost dogs not everyone is able to do this.

'Benefit of the doubt' called for I think! :unsure:

Yep.........I called them too and they said the same thing.....very odd...

I am really pleased he has gone home, lets hope that it was just a mistake.

Thanks for the support though.

:)

Back