The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

A Love Affair With ... Soap!!!

annlouise

Registered
Reaction score
Quite recently, my boy has started taking the bar soap from the bathroom. He leans over and gently picks out the soap and takes it to his bed. There were two bars which i found on the landing next to each other, not knowing how they had got there. :eek:

So, i put them back in the dish, and within half an hour, found them again, next to his bed!!! :wub:

Not chewed, or licked, just next to his bed.

He keeps doing it tho :wub: i watched him lean over, pick up the soap and take it to his bed.

does anyone have an idea why he would be doing this. If he was a female i would be thinking puppies!!!

Made me smile, :teehee: whippets do the strangest things. :blink:

Got no idea why he has taken a liking to your soap.

Maybe he just likes the smell of it.

mazza said:
Made me smile, :teehee:     whippets do the strangest things. :blink:

well it did cross my mind it was a kind of comforter, he loves to sbuggle up to me and sniff me when ive had a bath or shower, so maybe its just a familiar smell.

i have to watch him though for fear of him chewing it...

the wierd thing is, when i was pregnant i liked licking soap!!!!! didnt eat it, just licked it!!!

annlouise said:
mazza said:
Made me smile, :teehee:     whippets do the strangest things. :blink:

well it did cross my mind it was a kind of comforter, he loves to sbuggle up to me and sniff me when ive had a bath or shower, so maybe its just a familiar smell.

i have to watch him though for fear of him chewing it...

[SIZE=14pt]the wierd thing is, when i was pregnant i liked licking soap!!!!! didnt eat it, just licked it!!![/SIZE]

(w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

Albie will eat candles given less than half a chance! (w00t) I usually have the liquid soap so he hasn't had much chance to get his gums round the real thing. :- "

How cute :wub: :wub: :wub: any chance of any pics of him with his new found friends??

I caught Lenny eating a chocolate scented candle only yesterday. I'd accidently knocked the candle onto a radiator and Lenny must have been sitting underneath it licking the wax as it dripped cos he had dried wax all over his ears (w00t) smelt lovely though

annlouise said:
Quite recently, my boy has started taking the bar soap from the bathroom. He leans over and gently picks out the soap and takes it to his bed. There were two bars which i found on the landing next to each other, not knowing how they had got there.  :eek: So, i put them back in the dish, and within half an hour, found them again, next to his bed!!!  :wub:

Not chewed, or licked, just next to his bed.

He keeps doing it tho  :wub: i watched him lean over, pick up the soap and take it to his bed.

does anyone have an idea why he would be doing this. If he was a female i would be thinking puppies!!!

I will try and get pics if i can, altho im not brill at posting them!

The OH's Akita ate 5 bars of soap before Christmas that his mum had just brought as a raffle prize :oops: .

Eli ate a packet of wax crayons once, we had some very pretty poos! :lol:

well, dogs do have an intense sense of smell, dont they..

what soap is it?!

( essence of rabbit soap?!)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's envelopes and cardboard here! (w00t) Tiny very gently takes envelopes and cardboard and stashes them under his blankets and then when he feels like it e shreds thema and eats them!! :- "

Back