The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

A "hello" From Me And Are There Any Pups Around?

GreyKnight

Registered
Reaction score
Hi folks

Not been on here for ages (silly me), been very busy and tied up with other stuff really. Monty continues to develop and has become a real character now. He is immensely fit and craves his two walks a day, he's obsessed with bunnies, loves his food and (annoyingly) continues to chew things that he shouldn't :rant: Other than that he's great :p

Anyway, just wondered whether there are any litters due or recently arrived with fawn & white party colour whippets in them (not brindle thanks). Mum is still keen on the idea of getting Monty a friend and she would like a whippet with the same sort of colouring as our last whippet Merlin. She doesn't like brindle colouring though (not even on parti colour dogs) so I'm more interested in plain fawn and white examples.

It's not guaranteed that we'll get a second whippet, I think mum wants another one, but dad isn't so keen. We're also not sure how Monty would settle down to a companion either since he has a tendancy to "bother" other dogs (as in humping and sniffing) even though he's castrated. We couldn't put up with that if he kept doing it even to his full time companion. I don't know if that would be likely or not?

Anyway, let me know.

Here are a couple of Monty pics I took just this very evening to show how comfy he is :teehee:

montysayshi.JPG

montyonback.JPG

cheers

Graham

Monty is a super handsome boy!

Sorry, I don't know of any litters but I am sure you will find someone on hear that knows

Monty is gorgeous, I love his colour.

Good luck in finding a pup and persuading your dad that two is best (it really is)!

I'm having 'deja vue' :lol:

Good luck :luck:

There's lots of pups on K9 at the moment...........

i hope you find the perfect one for you :))

Keith is planning a litter for later this year, both sire and dam are predominantly fawn. Might be worth seeing if you could go on his waiting list? :thumbsup:

GreyKnight said:
Hi folks
Not been on here for ages (silly me), been very busy and tied up with other stuff really.  Monty continues to develop and has become a real character now.  He is immensely fit and craves his two walks a day, he's obsessed with bunnies, loves his food and (annoyingly) continues to chew things that he shouldn't  :rant: Other than that he's great  :p

Anyway, just wondered whether there are any litters due or recently arrived with fawn & white party colour whippets in them (not brindle thanks).  Mum is still keen on the idea of getting Monty a friend and she would like a whippet with the same sort of colouring as our last whippet Merlin.  She doesn't like brindle colouring though (not even on parti colour dogs) so I'm more interested in plain fawn and white examples.

It's not guaranteed that we'll get a second whippet, I think mum wants another one, but dad isn't so keen.  We're also not sure how Monty would settle down to a companion either since he has a tendancy to "bother" other dogs (as in humping and sniffing) even though he's castrated.  We couldn't put up with that if he kept doing it even to his full time companion.  I don't know if that would be likely or not?

Anyway, let me know.

Here are a couple of Monty pics I took just this very evening to show how comfy he is  :teehee:

cheers

Graham

what a lovely dog, whats his breeding?

Thanks for the replies and the PM's folks. I've passed your messages to mum who is the boss of dog choosing :- "

Maggiemay2 - Monty is one of Jeff's dogs (Pennymeadow Whippets on here).

GreyKnight said:
Thanks for the replies and the PM's folks.  I've passed your messages to mum who is the boss of dog choosing  :- "
Maggiemay2 - Monty is one of Jeff's dogs (Pennymeadow Whippets on here).

ahh ha! I know Jeff :thumbsup:

Hi just saw your post and wondered if you have got sorted out with a whippet yet ?

the reason I asked my friend who is seriously ill has to go into hospital and looks like being long erm she is heartbroken to have to let Blade go but he is 18months old fawn and white parti coloured great temperment spoilt rotten he has been in bed with her while she has been ill

but they have decided they cant manage him being in hospital and not fair on the dog to be left so long so she is heartbroken but asked if I could re home him she doesnt want anything for him just to be given a loving home

he is so soft and loving nature good with children and cats

so if you havent been fixed up pm me for her phone number and details

Ruth

syko said:
Hi just saw your post and wondered if you have got sorted out with a whippet yet ?the reason I asked my friend who is seriously ill has to go into hospital and looks like being long erm she is heartbroken to have to let Blade go but he is 18months old fawn and white parti coloured great temperment spoilt rotten  he has been in bed with her while she has been ill

but they have decided they cant manage him being in hospital and not fair on the dog to be left so long so she is heartbroken but asked if I could re home him she doesnt want anything for him just to be given a loving home

he is so soft and loving nature good with children and cats

so if you havent been fixed up pm me for her phone number and details

Ruth

I ,m very sorry to hear about your freind :( perhaps try and pm him,that way way it will come up on the emails :thumbsup: Hope things get sorted at this sad time.

Have you looked on e-pupz? There's a fawn and white whippet looking for a home there...

E

Eceni said:
AnnSa said:
There's lots of pups on K9 at the moment...........  :))

Dumb question, but which section do we look in for pups?

ta

E

You will see pups on K9, but strictly, advertising of pups is not allowed. People do post pictures of their pups on K9, and you can enquire about them privately through PM or email. There'a always a few around :thumbsup:

Hello again. Still looking for fawn & white pups - some woman advertising on epupz told me to look elsewhere today because I'm too fixated on getting the right colour :- " All I asked for was a pic of the bitch she was advertising so I could see its markings - not too much to ask is it?! :wacko: Surely most people choose puppies based on whether they like the look of them? Whether it be adorable eyes, or lovely markings!

Anyway, I told her what I thought which made me feel better. :angry:

So, here's Monty with a message for K9 Community.

Young handsome whippet with big chew seeks friend for walks and chewing stuff

montychew.JPG

Hello. I'm Monty and I'm lonely. I have this big chew to share you see, and no friends to share it wiv. My intrests include running, chewing, running, eating dead fings, running, chewing and cuddles (especially giving lickies right after eating dead fings). I need a friend for running you see because at the moment my master has been running with me (to get fit he says) but I think he was made for other things because when we get home he looks like he's about to die and I wouldn't want that 'cause then nobody would feed me and anyway he can't keep up.

So, please help me find a friend, if you do I'll treat you to a special Monty cuddle (and I'll even throw in a free dead fing what I found in the field!)

Monty (w00t)

midlanderkeith's Jill is confirmed in whelp - might be some fawns with white trim in there :thumbsup:

:lol:

That Monty advert is great!!

He is very handsome :wub:

We are picking up our fawn and white pup tmrw!! YAY!!

Hope you find a friend for Monty soon, or he will have to have that big chew all to himself!

Back