The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

A Friend For Jasper

jasperb

Registered
Reaction score
We are thinking of getting a friend for Jasper and although we would love another whippet i don't have the space, my lot are after a pomeranian x chihuahua. Do you think that it would be too small of a dog to have with a whippet, i know Japser would never hurt it on purpose but if he tried to play with it i'm not sure how gentle he would be. Your opinions would be most welcome.

I have a chihuahua and mini daschund x chi and they generally get on well. As long as your whippet doesnt mind being dominated by a tiny little pooch! In my experience the little toy dogs always become the dominant ones.. ;)

The only issue is when they play outside, I have to make sure Mathew doesnt fly full speed into the little ones, although they usually leap behind me when they see the whippet express train approaching!!

I have a Tibetan Spaniel, and Bluebell has been known to course her across the field, but they adore each other, play each day together, so as long as you're careful with training for both of them, small dogs love whippets!

thanks for the reply's guys, i have a teacup sized yorkie at the moment but she is 11 yrs old and won't play with Jasper at all so he is used to being told what to do by a small dog, when the yorkie says move Jasper moves lol. The thing i was most concerned about is because Jasper is still only 14 months and wants to play that if we got a small pup and that wanted to play that he may hurt it.

Back