The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

7.5 Tonne License

rach125

Registered
Reaction score
Hi just wondering if any of you have got your licenses? My boyfs dad has horses and sometimes i go with him to shows or even just taking them to other fields (wont give me a job tho :oops: :- " ) and he suggested i do mine so i can drive the big box lol. Just wondering if anyone knows how much to do it and where to get the training?

rach125 said:
Hi just wondering if any of you have got your licenses? My boyfs dad has horses and sometimes i go with him to shows or even just taking them to other fields (wont give me a job tho  :oops:   :- " ) and he suggested i do mine so i can drive the big box lol. Just wondering if anyone knows how much to do it and where to get the training?
im sure you can drive a 7.5 tonne lorry on a normal driving licence

haycroft said:
rach125 said:
Hi just wondering if any of you have got your licenses? My boyfs dad has horses and sometimes i go with him to shows or even just taking them to other fields (wont give me a job tho  :oops:   :- " ) and he suggested i do mine so i can drive the big box lol. Just wondering if anyone knows how much to do it and where to get the training?
im sure you can drive a 7.5 tonne lorry on a normal driving licence

It's only us oldies that can do that Jayne (w00t) I'm not sure when it changed, but I know that now it's a seperate test.

TCx

haha :lol: Thats what my dad said too. But unfortunatley it only counts if the driving test was passed before 1997. I didn't pass until 2005 :(

I'm an "oldie" as described above so can drive the 7.5 tonne on my driving licence but i've also taken my HGV as i work in the horseracing world and we have really big lorries over the 7.5. You would have to take your test at an approved training centre near you, i had 5 days with the instructor at the school near me and then took my test. (you have to pass a theory test before they let you do the practical)

It can be expensive though so i'd do your homework first if i were you but good luck if you decide to do it!! :luck: :thumbsup:

Back