The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

3 Whippets Stolen

Having your dog microchiped WILL NOT STOP YOUR DOG BEING STOLEN (mine are BTW)
These dogs were not in the kennels from which they were stolen from before but ones which ajoin the house !

In the words of the police, " it would only be of benefit if these dog were microchiped when they were found ! These theives were INTENT on getting to these dogs and taking what they could "

I will repeat these scumbags went to great lengths to find these dogs and unless you have been to the owners house and seen the layout ONLY then would you see what lengths they went to !

Actually someone could break in to my house with a lot less effort than these theives went to and take my microchipped dogs !

I have heard the same that these theives actually went to a lot of trouble to get to the dogs.

A few years ago my mums old collie x escaped from my brothers house whilst my mum was on holiday. We treid everywere then we were given the number for a small rescue centre nearby. I remembrede that this was were the dog had come from many years ago. We phoned and she was there she had been taken there as she still wore on her collar a tag from when she had been in the rescue. When we collected her we asked why she hadn't been scanned. They said they hadn't bothered as their scanner was broken and they didn't bother taking her to the vets to get them to do it.

A chip only works if the vet or rescue that find them bother scanning them. I was also told a chip can be over ridden when a new chip is inserted by some one who chips dogs.

In case you haven't seen this good news in another thread; all three whippets have been found (together)

Back