3 Whippets Stolen

jue332

Registered
Reaction score
3 Savilepark show whippets have been stolen from Outlane Huddersfield

Jill 12 years old fawn with white trim

Alice 6 years old golden fawn

Timmy 6 years old fawn with white socks and white on neck

Please pm me if you have any info and i will pass any info on to the owners, Jill and Timmy are my Evies mum and Dad, Jill was stolen before and was found in the Rochdale area 18 months later after been bred from.

Thanks

Julie

Forgot to say please feel free to cross post this to anyother dog sites,

Thanks

I've just been told this by a friend of Barbara's.

I have cross posted to a couple of pet sites I go on.

I hope these dogs are found safe and well and returned to Barbara soon.

I have noticed on doglost it has Timmy down as a white whippet not fawn and white.

Barbera rang me last night as i'd returned the bitch last time after it had been knocked down and taken into my vets and left.

the whippet dog is definatly Fawn with white socks and a white neck patch but she told me 3 had gone 1 dog 3 bitch's.

These horrible people hope they are found safe and well good luck :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

further descriptions of these dogs and photos of two of them have been posted on doglost

Descriptions and pictures on DogLost website:

Jill: http://www.doglost.co.uk/Page.aspx?data=pz...WzwjI%2fd5a53AF

Alice: http://www.doglost.co.uk/Page.aspx?data=pz...RLWz9993bWEQ7Qb

Timmy: http://www.doglost.co.uk/Page.aspx?data=pz...RLWz0yf9II2ipo1

Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=228325173564

I don't know whether this loss is posted on lurcherlink, sighthounds on line, greyhound gap, etc -- I'm sure crosspostings would be welcome, suggest link to the dogslost site for anyone who wants to make contact

I will check whether they are listed on alfieslostdogs site and whippet forum

To save anyone else checking they are already posted onto Sighthounds Online, Sighthound Welfare Trust, Greyhound GAP, Lurcherlink and The Refuge.

Absolutely everything crossed they are spotted somewhere and come home safe and sound :luck:

They are also on Agilitynet :thumbsup:

Hope they are found safe & well very soon.

The :rant: who have taken them want shooting :rant:

hope they are found soon esp as barbara hasnt been in the best of health recently

Am I the only one who can't believe this has happened, to have your dogs stolen once is terrible, twice is really unlucky but 3 times :eek: totally irresponsible, these poor dogs must be terrified especially Jill who has been through this twice before, I'm sure this could have been avoided, I hope more than anything these dogs are found safe and sound and I think if the owner gets another chance to care for them then she needs to have a big rethink about the security and care she gives them, sorry to sound harsh but I feel much sorrier for the dogs than the owner :angry:

Am I the only one who can't believe this has happened, to have your dogs stolen once is terrible, twice is really unlucky but 3 times :eek: totally irresponsible, these poor dogs must be terrified especially Jill who has been through this twice before, I'm sure this could have been avoided, I hope more than anything these dogs are found safe and sound and I think if the owner gets another chance to care for them then she needs to have a big rethink about the security and care she gives them, sorry to sound harsh but I feel much sorrier for the dogs than the owner :angry:

NO

NO
No :angry:

I think this is an unfair comment to make.

I know of the owner & she lives very close to a busy road & she has CC TV on her property. :rant:

I know of the owner & she lives very close to a busy road & she has CC TV on her property. :rant:

Whats unfair is what these dogs are going through right now,when its happened to them before, they are supposed to be protected from this,Lots of us live very close to a busy road and don't have CCTV( which doesn't stop someone getting to your dogs it just means you can watch it happening)we live in normal houses with normal security and we should be aware that they are worth stealing and in a bad world unfortunatley it can happen to any of us but once it has and the dogs have very luckily been returned, surely their security and protection should be paramount, last time Jill had been bred from and only found because she got run over and taken to a vets who was the vet of a whippet owner, I feel very worried for her and the other 2, so if it was an unfair comment, so be it.

I think this is a truly terrible situation for these poor dogs.

I can only speak personally BUT i think if i had of had dogs stolen from my property even just once, either a) i would have moved no matter what, or b) every one of my dogs would have had to have been kept in the house at ALL times under supervision & certainly not kept outside or in kennels.

As for CCTV, its not worth the money it costs to buy, as even if someone is identified from it, if it happens to be someone of a certain travelling community what good is that, they will never be found anyway!

My thoughts & sympathy are with these poor dogs, poor little mites, to have happened to them just once is truly awful but this is beyond comprehension.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so upset reading this and hope the dogs are recovered safe and well. Given the history it sounds as though the theft has been done to order. I can't condemn the owner, she must be going through hell and they do say a determined burglar can get into most places. It's a sad indictment of this country that a) we breed low life that think so little of the welfare of the dogs, b)the fact that said low life will probably never be caught and, c) even if they are, the police are loath to do anything about it - too much work and 'they're only dogs'. Pity we can't meter out a bit of vigilante justice and make sure these scum can't ever do anything again, let alone steal dogs.

Whats unfair is what these dogs are going through right now,when its happened to them before, they are supposed to be protected from this,Lots of us live very close to a busy road and don't have CCTV( which doesn't stop someone getting to your dogs it just means you can watch it happening)we live in normal houses with normal security and we should be aware that they are worth stealing and in a bad world unfortunatley it can happen to any of us but once it has and the dogs have very luckily been returned, surely their security and protection should be paramount, last time Jill had been bred from and only found because she got run over and taken to a vets who was the vet of a whippet owner, I feel very worried for her and the other 2, so if it was an unfair comment, so be it.

I know the owner too and can say she did up grade her security in many ways, 1 of which she added more cctv cameras (i know this for a fact as my husband gave her one which was installed) and many other security measures were made I am not prepared to blab them on her for obvious reasons.

All I can tell you is the Police think it was the same scum who broke in before and went to ALOT of effort to get to these dogs, if something is worth stealing these scum will find a way to get it. :rant: :rant: :rant:

I feel sick everytime I think about these dogs, knowing that two of them are my Evies mum and dad and just hope and pray they are found soon and back where they belong :luck: :luck: :luck:

I'm with leslie on this one, what also beggars belief is none of the dogs are microchipped. I also hope the dogs are found safe and well SOON.

It costs just a tenner to microchip a dog. Much less than security camera's which obviously didn't do there job of detering the scum who stole the dogs..

I've printed a few posters and put them up in local petshops and rescue kennels :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back