The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

2009 Oz & Nz Show Results

Will put up full results tomorrow - but very proud to report Miss Ashley won another Best Baby Puppy In Show :wub: :wub: Group judged C Moore from Victoria.

Been crazy here for a bit with Miss Lily having an accident on Thursday nite - she is now sporting a bright pink cast to support 3 broken metacarpals :( Late over here & in desperate need of sleep

Lynda

Congratulations on Ashley's Baby In Show award :cheers:

Also hope all goes well with Lily's recovery :mellow:

Cristina

Aaaw - poor Lily - and how do you keep a baby puppy still with a broken foot?

Well done Miss Ashley!

Well done Miss Ashley!
Would be grateful for any tips on keeping a 5mth old puppy sane while on 4 wks cage rest! Lily is a good wee doll but she is starting to go stir crazy & we have only knocked of half a week! Kate has been brilliant at letting her out for toilet duties - we have to keep it very minimal & keeping the pink cast that has been attacked by Madam Lilypads teeth clean & dry has been a bit of a challenge - specially when she plonks her foot in her water bowl that is up high & can't be knocked down - my hubby is VERY NAUGHTY - go goes up to the cage & asks Lily for a high 5 - she automatically tries to strike him with her cast foot, does look very cute!

Hope Miss Ashley saves some mojo for when she gets older - she's having a great wee time of it all, 5 champ shows to get 4 BPOG's & 2 x BPIS's!

Just waiting on a friend to put the show results up on our NZ whippet site so I can copy & paste, he is usually very good & does it straight away - will have to fire him an email & get him to chop chop!

Lynda

ps.... why are the emoticons going funny when you insert them & then look at the post????

aww poor baby. She would be going stir crazy. We have had many a broken metacarpal with the greys as puppies, confined quarters plus we added lap sitting while watching t.v. They usually just went to sleep.

Well done Miss Ashley!
Would be grateful for any tips on keeping a 5mth old puppy sane while on 4 wks cage rest!
Filled and frozen kongs would give her plenty to chomp on.

If all else fails? Drugs. I have a couple of friends who've had to crate rest young dogs and in most cases, their vets recommended a low dose tranquiliser with success.

edit: because this doesn't really go in this topic

Last edited by a moderator:
OTAGO 14th / 15th Feb

Sat 14 Feb Judge Mr Nesbit -Canada

DCC/RBOB Cherishme Im Blake -Taylor

RDCC Willingwisp Twist and Shout for Arjuna -Clarke ( Olli )

BCC/BOB Ch Dachlach Silver Fern - Newton ( Fern )

RBCC Beesholme Leap of Faith - Harding

Res Group /Open Group Ch Dachlach Silver Fern

Sunday 15 Feb Judge Mrs Buchanan Qld

DCC/BOB Willingwisp Twist and Shout for Arjuna - Clarke ( Olli )

RDCC Ch Skeway Jack Sparrow (AUST) Howell/Nicolson

BCC/RBOB Ch Ronndal Ever After at Beesholme - Howell

RBCC Ch Dachlach Silver Fern - Newton ( Fern )

Just a little bit chuffed !!! Olli's half way there ..... Many thanks to Jackie N.W for doing a great job with him , Fern is also flying , only 7 more CC's till her GR CH title ..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congrats to all at Otago ! :thumbsup:

NORTH SHORE KENNEL ASSOCIATION CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW – 21 February 2009

Puppy Stakes Judge: David Swartwood (Canada) Entries: 37

3rd Placing Saramar Northern Xposure At Highlife (P. Edbrooke/S. Pearson)

Judge: Anna Spanswick (NSW) Entries: 28

DCC, ROB & NZOB: Kana-Ka Th' Con Artist (J. Newton-Williams)

RDCC: CH. Shenkhan Hot Apple Pie (P. Edbrooke/S. Pearson)

BCC, BOB & OOB: NZ. CH. Skyeway Want Ya Back At Shenace (Imp-Aust) (L. Watson)

RBCC: GR. CH. Ronndal Elven Song (E. Ekstam)

BPOB: Shenace Angel In Disguize (L. Watson)

POB: Ronndal I've Got Charisma (E. Ekstam)

JOB: CH. Shenkhan Majical Man (M. Powley/S. Martel)

IOB: CH. Highlife Winged Flight (P. Edbrooke/S. Pearson)

Hound Group Judge: David Swartwood (Canada)

JOG: CH. Shenkhan Majical Man (M. Powley/S. Martel)

Best in Show Judge: Laurane Buchanan (QLD)

Junior in Show: CH. Shenkhan Majical Man (M. Powley/S. Martel)

NORTH SHORE KENNEL ASSOCIATION CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW – 22 February 2009

Judge: Lesley Chalmer (Kaiopoi, NZ) Entries: 21

DCC & POB: Ronndal I've Got Charisma (E. Ekstam)

RDCC: CH. Shenkhan Hot Apple Pie (P. Edbrooke/S. Pearson)

BCC, BOB & OOB: GR. CH. Ronndal Copycat (E. Ekstam)

RDCC & ROB: NZ. CH. Skyeway Want Ya Back At Shenace (Imp-Aust) (L. Watson)

BPOB: Shenace Angel In Disguize (L. Watson)

JOB: CH. Shenkhan Majical Man (M. Powley/S. Martel)

NZOB: GR. CH. Ronndal Elven Song (E. Ekstam)

BOG & OOG: GR. CH. Ronndal Copycat (E. Ekstam)

RBOG: NZ. CH. Skyeway Want Ya Back At Shenace (Imp-Aust) (L. Watson)

Best in Show Judge: Lesley Chalmer (Kaiopoi, NZ)

Reserve Best in Show: GR. CH. Ronndal Copycat (E. Ekstam)

On Saturday Sage was short listed for group - she has kicked into her straps & is showing nicely, young Miss Ashley showed beautifully and the shortlist for baby of group was between her & a dachie. Again Ashley strutted her stuff on Sunday, but was beaten by a beagle for bpog, would have been a brave move by the judge to give the whippet baby of group after awarding BOG & RBOG to whippets - that impressed the hound ring - not!

:) :) :) . Hi All......... It has been a while since i have posted any comments, but I have to have a very big brag about this one.. My Bitch Aust Ch: Arjai Almost Criminal.. is now a GRAND CHAMPION.... AT the ripe young age of 2 years and 3 months... obviously I am over the moon.. as this is the second grand champion I have made up here in Perth... Grand Champion Skyeway Silver Screen.. was also a GRAND at 2 years 3months... I think it was quite funny that they were both the exact age... I am thinking Vinnie may have beaten willow by a couple of days.... but didnt count that closely.

Anway Just wanted to let everyone know of the newest GRAND Whippet.

cheers jo.

Arjai.

WILLOW_25_209_rresize.jpg

Congratulations Jo! She's a beautiful girl, well deserved. :thumbsup:

Well done to the whippets in NZ - ain't it great when the breed goes the double in the group? You can just hear all the mumblings from the other breed owners! :teehee:

AWESOME news Jo :) She is just gorgeous - congratulations on your latest Grand Champion :thumbsup: Clearly 2yrs 3mths is a majic number for you - I'd be using them on lotto tickets LOL :teehee:

Lynda

:cheers: CONGRATULATIONS JO !!! :cheers:

she is a stunner :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Rumour has it that a certain red head originally from NZ may have got Best Baby Puppy in Show at the Royal Canberra Show!! Congrats to all connections involved!! ;)

Rumour has it that a certain red head originally from NZ may have got Best Baby Puppy in Show at the Royal Canberra Show!! Congrats to all connections involved!! ;)

Heee heeee.... yeah thanks Elly :)

Very proud to have the news in that Miss Alice - aka Shenace Alice In Wonderland At Raevon won Best Baby Puppy In Show at the Canberra Royal :D She is of course the wild redhead from the somewhat successful frozen semen litter by Alex (Aust/NZ BISS CH Shenace Good On Ya) out of Holly (Kana-ka Don't Ask Directions To Shenace) Only puppy out of this litter to not have won a BPOG/BPIS win is Miss Lilypad who is currently sporting a bright pink cast STILL!!!!

Proud?? You betcha (w00t) (w00t)

Lynda

ps.... Half sister Sage has now got the taste of bunny insides... ewwwwwwww.. she's had 2 in 2 days & she's on a mission - Renae the youngest child has taken piccy's of Sagey on the run with bunny in gob, then bunny on the ground & then another with bunny on the ground with insides missing :x :x

Here is Alice's sister Ashley (5.5mths) who is still here in NZ who has had a couple of Baby In Shows - will post piccy's of Alice when they come thru :wub: And of course need some more of Ashton as he was under 4mths old the last lot of photo's!

Well done :D But was that Baby or Puppy in Show?

Well done :D But was that Baby or Puppy in Show?
It was Baby In Show - they are only 5.5mths old. Here's a piccy Cartman of the latest Skyeway Champion who is the queen of Rabbit catching (w00t)

Sageyayigotit.JPG

Back