The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Who's Who

rocky

Registered
Reaction score
You all know our Secretary Doreen and Chairman Bert, who made such a marvellous job of organising our camping week. Many thanks to them both,, also Bill Doreens husband who is very hard working both at club and opens.

Shirley Ashworth our Treasurer who ran Spiders Legacy and Stella Lady. Michael Southwood, one of the hardest workers in the club and responsible for the good condition of our track, who ran his girls, Vanilla Sky, Mocchachino and Life on Mars, all with great success at our open. Heather and Mark Cooper (Baxter), Mark hasn't been too well recently and we all wish him good health.

Myself Audrey Johnson, the only founder member of Fordingbridge left (Bally Boy and Rudi Valentino, now both retired and looking for ladies)

Sorry Pete and Jenny couldn't make it owing to work committments.

We are all so glad you enjoyed our camping open and hope to see you all next year.

You are right Audrey, we have a great little club at Fordingbridge.

Although we are small in number we have a good atmosphere among us, and those members who attend regularly help each other to get their dogs racing fit.

I as secretary have a good working relationship with Bert Madgwick our chairman. We both worked very hard for almost a year leading up to our camping week-end, and from the feed-back that we got it was well worth it.

Michael Southwood one of our regular attenders is also very knowledgeable about our running track, and if we have a couple of things that we need sorting out, he seems to have the answer. ( Although we have a brilliant groundsman who works for the town council and excelled himself this year by getting our track ready ).

Audrey Johnson has been a member of Fordingbridge since it began, so knows a lot of the history behind the club.

Audrey put in quite a lot of work with her dog Rudi at the begining of this year to try to get some racing out of him.

Mark & Heather Cooper & Pete & Jenny Sullivan are also members who support the club as often as they can ( work permitting

Keth Luxton & Jenny Fraser have lurchers and they happily come along and give their dogs handslips, and have a good old

chin wag.

Richard & Marie who own Dillon & Troy attend as often as they can as they have quite a distance to travel

It is because of those people who I have mentioned above and their regular support that we can still have a club at such a wonderful setting and some outstanding features, thanks go to you all.

regards

Doreen

Although we are small in number we have a good atmosphere among us, and those members who attend regularly help each other to get their dogs racing fit.

I as secretary have a good working relationship with Bert Madgwick our chairman. We both worked very hard for almost a year leading up to our camping week-end, and from the feed-back that we got it was well worth it.

Michael Southwood one of our regular attenders is also very knowledgeable about our running track, and if we have a couple of things that we need sorting out, he seems to have the answer. ( Although we have a brilliant groundsman who works for the town council and excelled himself this year by getting our track ready ).

Audrey Johnson has been a member of Fordingbridge since it began, so knows a lot of the history behind the club.

Audrey put in quite a lot of work with her dog Rudi at the begining of this year to try to get some racing out of him.

Mark & Heather Cooper & Pete & Jenny Sullivan are also members who support the club as often as they can ( work permitting

Keth Luxton & Jenny Fraser have lurchers and they happily come along and give their dogs handslips, and have a good old

chin wag.

Richard & Marie who own Dillon & Troy attend as often as they can as they have quite a distance to travel

It is because of those people who I have mentioned above and their regular support that we can still have a club at such a wonderful setting and some outstanding features, thanks go to you all.

regards

Doreen

chin wag.

regards

Doreen

Although I will not be coming to racing at Fordingbridge I still look forward to the reports that Doreen puts on here. Her reports are so good and it keeps me and probably others informed as to whats going on. I still hope that one day there will be enough dogs to enable the club to put on club handicap racing.

Although I will not be coming to racing at Fordingbridge I still look forward to the reports that Doreen puts on here. Her reports are so good and it keeps me and probably others informed as to whats going on. I still hope that one day there will be enough dogs to enable the club to put on club handicap racing.

Hi Audrey

if all the members who are registered with the Fordingbridge Wrc came and supported the club we would have plenty of dogs to run handicap racing, but as it stands some people are only registered in name only, and perhaps this is so that they can join the BWRA, but they do not come along to support the club week in and week out, only a couple of us do that and everyone knows who we are.

Doreen

You have such a lovely little club Doreen and in beautiful surroundings.

I look forward to reading your reports and seeing your photos.

We were so dissapointed not to have been able to be there at your open w/end.

said it loads great place and club wont miss another down there :thumbsup:

Hi Audrey

if all the members who are registered with the Fordingbridge Wrc came and supported the club we would have plenty of dogs to run handicap racing, but as it stands some people are only registered in name only, and perhaps this is so that they can join the BWRA, but they do not come along to support the club week in and week out, only a couple of us do that and everyone knows who we are.

Doreen
Just an idea if someone was to put on this site times and days when fordindbridge is open for running you will get a few people more to come along even if its just people who are on holiday , you use to do reports weekly which was a good read , havnt seen any since the open weekend . I here there is a news letter that was out last sunday mine has not come in the post would you please be kind to send one out thank you . Tell Audrey shes to young to pack up racing yet lol regs steve and angela .

Hi Audrey

Doreen
Just an idea if someone was to put on this site times and days when fordindbridge is open for running you will get a few people more to come along even if its just people who are on holiday , you use to do reports weekly which was a good read , havnt seen any since the open weekend . I here there is a news letter that was out last sunday mine has not come in the post would you please be kind to send one out thank you . Tell Audrey shes to young to pack up racing yet lol regs steve and angela .
I THINK YOU WILL FIND PEOPLE ARE FULLY AWARE WHEN FORDINGBRIDGE HAVE THEIR RACING.

All news letters are in the post and members will receive them when your postman decides to deliver them ( don't know when your postman delivers Steve ) . And for your information the news letters were out on Wednesday of this week and were hand delivered to those members who attended the club that evening, the rest have been posted.

I will do a report when I have the time, I don't just sit on my backside day after day , I have a home to run.

With regards to Audrey, Fordingbridge club bent over backwards to try to help her with her little dog Rudi, and now it seems we are just getting a slap in the face.

I don't want to air the clubs dirty linen on this site, matters will be brought up by me at the AGM, and a few members will be being told a few home truths.

ON A FINAL NOTE ALL I WILL SAY IS IF ANY MEMBER IS NOT HAPPY ABOUT HOW THE CLUB IS RUN, THEN EITHER GET OF YOUR BACKSIDE AND DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE AND STOP TRYING TO STIR UP TROUBLE OR THE OTHER ALTERNATIVE

IS TO NOT JOIN THE CLUB AT ALL. WE WILL BE QUITE HAPPY TO REFUND ANY ONE'S MEMBERSHIP FEE IF THEY WISH TO LEAVE THE CLUB.

Doreen

I certainly don't intend to give Fordingbridge 'a slap in the face'. Myself not coming racing is nothing to do with Fordingbridge. Indeed they were very helpful when I was trying to get Rudi ready for a special event. Many thanks to them all. I certainly had a happy few months and so pleased with Rudi's progress. As you know the special event was a non starter and I still havn't got over the bad accident Sam had at the last championships. I know I should put these things behind me - but I have no dreams left. Perhaps now I should not look at K9

Just to let those Fordingbridge members who come on to K9, there will possibly be an EAGM called as it has come to the attention of the club chairman that two or three members are causing unrest within the club so it is adviseable to have everyone at a meeting so that things can be laid out on the table, and that will prevent chinese whispers as to who said what.

I will make phone calls to those members not on K9 to let them know the situatuion, as soon as a date has been arranged I will inform everyone.

Doreen

Just to let those Fordingbridge members who come on to K9, there will possibly be an EAGM called as it has come to the attention of the club chairman that two or three members are causing unrest within the club so it is adviseable to have everyone at a meeting so that things can be laid out on the table, and that will prevent chinese whispers as to who said what.
I will make phone calls to those members not on K9 to let them know the situatuion, as soon as a date has been arranged I will inform everyone.

Doreen

Latest information, I have had a telephone conversation with two of the members involved, and they have made it quite clear to the third person that they are not interested in causing any disruption and any problems should be sorted out at the AGM at the end of the year and that they feel there is no need for an EAGM.

Doreen

steve you wont be getting your news letter today for some reason it was posted to my address

Back