The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

White Puppy

Pipa

Registered
Reaction score
We got a completely white puppy whose parents are brindle. He is funny, isn't he? :))

Joke_17n.jpg

Could he be a cream?

Have a look at this colour genetics page - the gene for creme can mask other colours. Please post more photos of him as he grows older - if he is a cream, he should have brown pigment on his nose.

He is lovely, whatever the genetics. My first two whippets were both high whites, so I do have a soft spot for the china-like appearance of very light coloured whippets.

o:) He's such a sweetheart. And often white dogs (especially boxers, I believe) are found to be deaf. Does he seem able to hear?

And don't say he's funny - whippets are very sensitive creatures, you know!

:rolleyes:

He is too small now, but at this moment his nose seems black ( although not all) and black pigmentation of lips. Skin (not fur) on ears looks dark.

Joke_fr.jpg

Just look at that face! What is his breeding, if one may ask?

He looks like a cream to me. I think they're stunning looking dogs. I remember the first whippets I saw up close where cream litter mates. I was fascinated by them, they looked like alabaster statues. I will remember them always, beautiful! Dont think I hae seen one since either, they're certainly not common in Australia.

Linda

Last edited by a moderator:
Awwww, he is adorable. :wub: :wub: :wub:

What a cutie , what colours are his litter mates ?

#aww what an unusual little puppy :wub: - but still gorgeous. :wub: my first whippet was all white with one fawn eye patch.

He is lovely :wub: :wub: :wub:

Pic's of the other puppies please :thumbsup:

what pretty puppies , he must really look the `odd` one out :wub:

The dark,dark brindle (Puzzle?) and June Joke for me - the two opposites! :D

I also had a 'white' whippet once bred from two fawn & whites but I've since been told he was a creme. Actually when he was wet you could see very faint fawn patches on him - they were more distinct when he was a baby in the whelping box and I thought they were "wee wee" stains and kept trying to clean him! :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back