The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Whippet

rob berry

Registered
Reaction score
any body know of whippets liveing in a outside run with a heated shed thanks.

When ran our shop in the 70s we kept our dogs in kennels with the heat on at night only but we kept winning opens.Now the dogs are with us in the daytime but go into their heated kennel at night and are still winning, it is no deterent to keep dogs outside I have kept dogs outside for over 50 years and it doe's not affect performance. :cheers:

First time I've heard a skip called a kennel Mr Syson-lol ;)

I've never kept dogs outdoors-but I know Steve has in the past-

I suppose alot depends on how many you have...size of house etc..also some dogs are very noisy-I know Coral would be a nuisance outside-he'd be barking if he heard anything-cats-wick things etc...and then we'd be in trouble with the neighbours-

Karen

:D just wondering what heater u use to keep kennel warm.lyd

rob berry said:
You should not keep a single whippet outside on its own. They need company.

Two or more outside in a heated draft proof kennel should be OK but not one on its own.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have enclosed bedding aera in a brick kennel with the heater which is on a timmer. The heater is a heating lamp set to a thermstat and is set to 48degrees this is the optimum heat for dogs, all my 4dogs sleep together. ;) :huggles:

makes em hardy, we have 2 outside and three soft sods in the house draft free kennels are ok i reckon :thumbsup:

dawn said:
rob berry said:
You should not keep a single whippet outside on its own. They need company.

Two or more outside in a heated draft proof kennel should be OK but not one on its own.

I agree with Dawn :thumbsup: whippets don't like being on their own anywhere they like company :huggles:I thought we liked them cos they are soft :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back