The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Whippet X Or Greyhound X ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
NO THEY CALL THEM LURCHERS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: AND ANY ONE WHO EXCEPTS THEM AS LURCHERS ARE FOOLS,THERE NON PED GREYHOUNDS,MARK

It depends on who's doing the classification.

Lurcher folk may say they're a greyhound.

Greyhound men might describe them as lurchers.

None ped racers may describe them as whippets.

Show fraternity may claim that no non-ped is a whippet even though it could easily be proven that they're talking out their ass. :- "

My own opinion is that no-one can ascertain accurately or quantify the exact percentages of greyhound / whippet blood without the likes of DNA testing in a litter such as this.

Regardless, if they want to race as non-peds then I'm sure both organisations will honour their registrations as non-ped whippets.

I'm sure they'll also be allowed entry into lurcher events too.

I refer to the term non-ped as an accepted wording within whippet racing but it should be noted that as a pedigree of these pups lineage can be provided (and most of the racing non-peds) then the term non-ped isn't an accurate representation either. The term 'whippet' originated from these dogs and in my eyes should be retained with them, it's the KC who should go and get their own name as they've created an entirely different breed from the original whippet.

Or we could adopt the term 'race dog' which was another name associated with the whippet which I think sounds a bit cooler. 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
oh heres away,if they fit in a trap they can run as non peds as thats what they are,bloodyhell,she has 1 of mine theres loads of grayhound in them,you never know what you will end up with,instead of upsetting people who love the sport incurage them,iam 100%sure there will be a couple 20 od pounders as will be a few no limmits,THEY ARE NON PEDS!

kenny m said:
oh heres away,if they fit in a trap they can run as non peds as thats what they are,bloodyhell,she has 1 of mine theres loads of grayhound in them,you never know what you will end up with,instead of upsetting people who love the sport incurage them,iam 100%sure there will be a couple 20 od pounders as will be a few no limmits,THEY ARE NON PEDS!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

looking at the breeding theres a lot of good non ped whippet blood there :thumbsup:

i dont know wot they r but they r gorgeous pups :wub:

COULD YOU CLOSE THIS PAGE NOW EVERYONE IS BEING TO NICE LOL

AND IT MIGHT NOT HAPPEN AGAIN :clown: :p

GARY

nettle said:
What do you call a 3 quarter greyhound 1/4 collie then?Jayne

Most people would call it a lurcher if it was a simple second cross to the ghd, but it depends on how the 3/4 and 1/4 fraction was acheived. Geneticaly the fractions don't work as has been discussed before. :)

Tony Taylor said:
nettle said:
What do you call a 3 quarter greyhound 1/4 collie then?Jayne

Most people would call it a lurcher if it was a simple second cross to the ghd, but it depends on how the 3/4 and 1/4 fraction was acheived. Geneticaly the fractions don't work as has been discussed before. :)

most people would call it a lurcher :lol: :lol: :lol: no way,mark

Some folks wouldn't know a grew even if it bit their arse, if it can fill the pot it's a [SIZE=21pt]LURCHER :thumbsup: [/SIZE]

I'm not surprised this has come about as I figured some one would cotton on.

Thing is though, how could you proove they are 100% greyhound without DNA testing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back