The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

When Is A Puppy’s First Injection? And More...

Violet Turner

Registered
Reaction score
I have been googling and it’s turning out not helpful, everywhere says different for all the below topics. I thought someone could help me on this forum, because you are all super helpful. I have been looking in my books but can find nothing on this topics. Also when can a puppy have its first grooming session? How long after a bitch has given birth can she be spayed? {There is a lot of controversy on this topic.} When can i walk Doris on my road (cul-de-sac) there is no other dogs except me? When can i put Doris on home cooked food?
Thanks Violet

Right. Sorry Violet but this is where I struggle. You say you are a vet, but you ask questions like this. I don't dislike you as an individual (going back to what you said this afternoon) but I do have to question your credibility when you post this question.

These are the sort of questions I would ask a vet - and I'd be very concerned if the vet couldn't provide the answers.

You have said that you are trained and have worked as a vet. You should know the answers instantly. Not after researching at the office!

You have said that you are trained and have worked as a vet. You should know the answers instantly. Not after researching at the office!
but the puppies are too small for 6-8 weeks that's why i was asking, why wouldn't i research if i don't know, i am sorry for confusing you with the title.

Last edited:
We need to put this to an end now.

@Violet Turner and I have spoken. She has agreed to stop mentioning she was a vet. Whether she was a vet or not this is a forum not a veterinary practice. This principle applies to every member on the forum unless I have had specific contact from a valued source with a verified vet/vet nurse that wants to get involved.

@JoanneF @excuseme @JudyN are very happy to spend their time giving advice and have done so on many occasions.

I am sure they will continue to be happy doing so as long as they don’t feel they are going round in circles.

This is the chance I am giving to start over and move on.

Back