The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

What A Day For That Whippet

dawn

Registered
Reaction score
We took a couple of our dogs to a local(ish) companion show on Saturday.

What whippet went in AV Hound or Gundog and didnt get placed :( although her sister Savvy did :D

That whippet was entered in AV veteran. At eleven and three quarters she still enjoys her moment in the spotlight. When the judge asked her age he asked me to move her 'gently' around the ring as she was such an old lady. No Way!!!! That cannot move round the ring 'gently' she took off as if she was a youngster of 5 or 6, head high and stridng out with enjoyment. She won the class!! Not such a win as there were only 2 in it.

BUT she was eligible for BIS which was won by a Border Collie with a Cocker and a poodle and That whippet left for RBIS (&BPIS) The Cocker had won two sizeable classes so we thought a cert for RBIS & BPIS.

BUT NO That whippet won RBIS and did two extremeley fast Laps of Honour just to prove you cant rule an old bitch out.

A couple of trophies and a sack of food and (possibly) a picture in our dogs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done Dawn & That whippet :wub: I bet she thoroughly enjoyed showing up them younger uns!! :thumbsup:

Hope she gets her pic in Our dogs :)

It was a GREAT day - Savvy and Chelsea had a wonderful time! And watch this space for an interesting picture of What Whippet.

Wendy (who was 250 miles from home for a companion show - go figure!) (w00t)

:p Just goes to show Dawn, there's life in the old dog yet?

Well done Dawn and "That". :thumbsup: THAT just shows you can't keep a good whippet down. ;)

aslan said:
Well done Dawn and "That". :thumbsup:   THAT just shows you can't keep a good whippet down.  ;)
:lol: Lana I think It sounds like "you can't slow an old whippet down"

She loves her days out in veteran especially the sausages!!! :wub:

Here is a photo of 'That' Whippet with her RBIS trophy

Last edited by a moderator:
That is one lovely whippet. WELL DONE. I don't want to be personal and I know it's not my business but if Dawn is handling, How many legs has she got? That''s probably why That moved so well her handler has three legs!!!!

As I said I don't want to be personal but the camera does not lie !!!!

Jenny

[SIZE=14pt]I'm Jake the Peg - in another life[/SIZE]

dawn said:
[SIZE=14pt]I'm Jake the Peg - in another life[/SIZE]
What position do you do in cricket? The wickets.. :clown:

A total unfair advantage in the 3 legged race.......... :p

dawn Posted on Jul 12 2004, 06:30 PM   I'm Jake the Peg - in another life 
It goes along with her treble chins :eek: :oops: o:) :- " :huggles:

Thanx for that Jax - I feel a L O T better for that.

Mind - at least my cheeks are firm when I walk :cheers:

The claws are out :thumbsup: Go girls :teehee:

:eek: :lol: L O L

Well at least I wobble at the ftront AND the back , not just the front ;)

What do you mean FRONT and back - What front? That front you were showing to that young male judge on Sunday?

:D :wub: :- " :- "

At least I didnt tell him that if he made me go round the ring again I would be needing the kiss of life :eek: :* :*

Poor chap , he`s far too young for you :oops: anyway Dawn , what about pooor Richard :- "

AND it was Richard who took the photo of what I was wearing !!! ;) :- " ( bet he`s got it blown up in his part of the bedroom ;) :sweating:

Back