The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

We All Met Up With Bluenoise!

gilliwigs

Registered
Reaction score
We spent a couple of days in Paignton with my in-laws, so we were able to meet up with Pat (Bluenoise), Sidney & George on the beach for a walk.

Not a very good pic of Jonah, but I don't seem to have taken many of him so thought I'd include it! :p

2009Apr16_0449.jpg

Sidney & Muffin

2009Apr16_0452.jpg

None of the whippets seemed to want to run - Sidney and Muffin came close but it was all a bit half hearted. -_-

2009Apr16_0453_edited-1.jpg

I did manage to get one good running pic of Sidney. :wub:

2009Apr16_0454_edited-2.jpg

Sidney & George :wub: :wub:

2009Apr16_0456.jpg

At the water's edge

2009Apr16_0457_edited-1.jpg

Some smelly seaweed which was obviously very inviting :x

2009Apr16_0458_edited-1.jpg

Muffin :wub:

2009Apr16_0459.jpg

A bit of surf and spray!

2009Apr16_0460_edited-1.jpg

Sidney and Muffin started to seriously play bow to each other, and we thought that they were about to tear off along the beach but it came to nothing - I don't think either of them wanted to be chased, they both wanted to be the chaser! :- :lol:

2009Apr16_0462.jpg

Lovely pics!! :thumbsup: Where did you find that beach - I can't seem to find any that will allow dogs now that we have passed the magic date of Easter Sunday! Beautiful whippets - what is Muffin's pedigree? He has a real look of my Ivy :wub: :wub:

fab pics gillian, i asked pat if there were any pics when she said you 2 had met up and here they are :D muffin, jonah, sidney and george are :wub:

2009Apr16_0463.jpg

Can you spot George and Jonah keeping well out of the way?! :p :lol:

2009Apr16_0464_edited-1.jpg

2009Apr16_0465_edited-2.jpg

Watch out, mad whippet about! (w00t)

2009Apr16_0466_edited-1.jpg

Jonah runs away! :eek:

2009Apr16_0479.jpg

George :wub:

2009Apr16_0471.jpg

One of the Paignton & Dartmouth Steam Railway trains

2009Apr16_0472_edited-1.jpg

2009Apr16_0473_edited-1.jpg

George again

2009Apr16_0477.jpg

Time to go home

2009Apr16_0478.jpg

We had a really nice walk even though the tide was in and we had to walk up and down the beach twice! It was lovely meeting you and the dogs, Pat, and thanks for the coffee! :D

Lovely pics!! :thumbsup: Where did you find that beach - I can't seem to find any that will allow dogs now that we have passed the magic date of Easter Sunday! Beautiful whippets - what is Muffin's pedigree? He has a real look of my Ivy :wub: :wub:
It's Goodrington Sands in Paignton. Dogs can go on the beaches in Devon until 30th April. There is also part of this beach which allows dogs all year, but you can only get on the sands when the tide is out. Muffin's breeding is mainly Cobyco. His father is Cobyco Center Stage. :thumbsup:

Lovely pics glad they are just of the whippies :thumbsup: They seemed to have a good time :)

It was nice meeting you and your handsome boys Jonah and Muffin :wub: :wub:

Hope to meet you again when you are back down :))

Whats them tassel things on Sidney and George's collar's ? where did you get them ?, I must get a couple for my girls, cool or what :D

Glad you had a nice time here is Devon :thumbsup: Lovely pics :wub: :wub:

Looks like a fab time was had by all. Muffin is such a fun chap.

Logan and Diego are jealous that their mates have been meeting up with other whippets!! :lol:

muffin and sidney hit it off with :) glad you had a good time :thumbsup:

my turn tomorrow to see george and sidney 8) 8)

Lovely Pictures Gillian, what a handsome foursome you had on the beach :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Whats them tassel things on Sidney and George's collar's ? where did you get them ?, I must get a couple for my girls, cool or what :D
Thank you they were given to them by a friend of mine She got them from her vets!!!

I will see if they still do them if you want and will let you know

It's Goodrington Sands in Paignton. Dogs can go on the beaches in Devon until 30th April. There is also part of this beach which allows dogs all year, but you can only get on the sands when the tide is out. Muffin's breeding is mainly Cobyco. His father is Cobyco Center Stage. :thumbsup:
Hi

I was right! Ivy and Muffin are related somehow - I haven't got her pedigree to hand but she has a lot of Oakbark in her and her dad is Ruby Rascal and he was Swedish-bred (I think!) The Oakbark whippets seem to have very pretty heads and an almost 'snub' nose.

I love that piccy aswell Schmick amongst the rest of brill photos :thumbsup:

Pat you are so lucky to be near a beach , i wish

Proper fancy collars aswell :)

Looks like a great day by all :thumbsup:

Lovely pictures Gillian...looked like a good get-together... :thumbsup:

I love the one of Sid and Muffin play bowing. :)) They have such comical expressions. Glad you managed to met up and enjoy a nice walk along the beach. :)

What an unusual composition...a steam train, a beach hut and a labrador all in the one shot...it just needs a caption now :D

Stan is a bit jealous too. He likes a good chase around with Muffin as well :lol: We've just come back from a short coastal holiday too, and my two loved the beach. Not so much for chasing around (Fred doesn't do chasing now)...just the sheer expanse of people free sands. I must post some piccies later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back