The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

This Time Of Year

dazgail

Registered
Reaction score
:D it's this time of year already and the ferreting and lamping season is just around the corner (w00t) . Just finished treating the dog runs and kennels with preservative and felting the roofs for the coming winter. Don't know about any of you but i have noticed a change in the seasons...there's a liitle nip in the air at night and it's getting that bit darker much earlier with the wind picking up. Hope to get my first lamping excursion over the next few weeks. I'm sure many of you are looking forward to trying out your new pups and see if all the hard work and training has paid off. KennelR02.jpg

Nice tidy set up there :thumbsup: I for one am really looking forward to getting out and about I've done a little bit lately just to try and keep things fresh but the nights have still been really quite warm, and the ground is to hard really but my little bitch can quite easily cope with the odd run here and there, roll on the season proper, for lots of legal Rabbit hunting and Ratting :- " .

What dogs do you use?.

:) Thanx Levs for the comments, was all set last night for a late night excursion but the fog came in. The ground is still a bit on the hard side but the rain over here in the past week has helped soften it up a fair bit. There is still a large number of young rabbits about so won't be doing much ferreting for a while as i hate digging. My two dogs are both whippet/greyhounds. The blue dog was bred by a guy from Rhyl in North Wales. His name is Tony Jones. The black bitch was bred by Graham Pendleton from Worksop.MaddyR02.jpg

Levs, wot way are you own dogs bred and is that a photo of them...If so they look in wonderful condition. :thumbsup:

I really like your blue dog- very fit looking :thumbsup:

I only own one the black bitch the other dog in my signature is a whippet that belongs to another member from here. My bitch is mostly Grey/Bull 23 1/2"

061100376jx.jpg

:thumbsup: Levs, she is a lovely looking dog in superb order. How old is she and do you work her? :cheers:

She's three and yes I do work her :lol: as I said in my previous post :lol: :lol: :lol:

:oops: sorry levs had just replied coming of a 14 hour shift at work and was a bit knackered :lol: All they best for the coming season :thumbsup:

:lol: :lol: 14 hours -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_-

Back