The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

The Unplanned Litter!!

Ian of Beetelian

Registered
Reaction score
For those who dont already know I went on holiday in Febuary and my Whippets went into kennels.

One of my bitches was two weeks into her season and my Dog was with my parents as requested the Dog was kept seperate to the bitches whilst at the Kennels and when I got home the bitch should have been over the 21 days into her season ALL CLEAR or so I thought the Whippets came home I collected them as I got back went home no problems the Dog wasnt interested in the bitch got home they were sleeping together on there bed later that evening I let them out in the garden for a toilet went to let them ten minutes later only to find them at my door in a tie. :(

I thought that she couldnt possibly get pregnant so far into her season. :b

I was wrong and here are the results six healthy happy two week old puppies. :D

As this was most definatly not a planned litter I will not be keeping any as this does not go with my current plans for the future.

They will only be available to very very good homes.

Ian

PIC_0001.JPG

(w00t) Forgot to mention I can be contacted through I.Beetles@btopenworld.com

You can also see pics of mum and Dad on www.Beetelian.co.uk

I hope you find good homes for them. :luck: They look lovely. :thumbsup:

They all look gorgeous - :wub: Im trying really hard not to be tempted - must get off K9 right now :- "

:b I thought that too when one of my bitches was caught in her 5th week - 6 healthy puppies resulted! :- "

Aw, that's quite a sweet story :wub: I know you must have been shocked... but how sweet that they kept their lurve so quiet :* just to fool you!

Lovely pups :huggles:

Hi Roedeane,

I was always taught that after the 21st day the bitch would not allow the dog or would he be interested?

Six years in Whippets and never had anything like this before??

awwww puppies :wub: :wub: :wub: i really havent any room for anymore :( but they are very nice :wub:

They're gorgeous :wub: :wub: I hope you find lovely homes for them :thumbsup:

Hope all the 'unplanned' babies find lovely homes. I like their colours :wub:

Ian of Beetelian said:
Hi Roedeane,I was always taught that after the 21st day the bitch would not allow the dog or would he be interested?

Six years in Whippets and never had anything like this before??

I'd always assumed that too - but when I'd used this dog on a planned mating he mated on the 4th week,wasn't interested before,and healthy puppies arrived! With the bitch accidentally caught, I'd separated them for 3 weeks, then had them together a week or so without any problems, then blow me on her 5th week he got her! Moral is 'never say never' I suppose! Glad they're all ok and have really pretty markings,Yvette

Oh, dear :oops: . Hope you can find good homes for them :)

I have had 2 litters (planned) concieved on the 20th day and I have heard of others concieved much later. One of my bitches had a 5 weeks long season (the first one) but then went on having 3 weeks long once for the rest of her life. I think the only way to tell is to watch them, and see when the bitch stops being receptive and the male stops being interested.

Best of luck with your babies :luck: :luck: :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back