The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

The puppy sulks

JessandJackson

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe I am being paranoid but sometimes. Mainly when in the bath. The puppy sits out the room and just stares at me in the bath with sollum eyes. Does anyone else experience this and would really like to know what’s going on it that brain!?

Attachments

• 4A3E2BBE-0CFB-48E1-B615-759E90675A04.jpeg
    4A3E2BBE-0CFB-48E1-B615-759E90675A04.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 232
'Why you wash off all the lovely stinky?'
'Where your fur gone?'
'What you doing in that big water bowl?'

Funny acoustics, humidity...

Lurchery dogs can be very sensitive and, I believe, notice things that other dogs wouldn't. And they do have more than their fair share of quirks. I wouldn't worry, just enjoy his individuality :)

Dennis will headbutt the bathroom door open if I’m having a shower (it doesnt close very well) and stick his head over the bath. I can see him thinking about joining me in the shower!!

Think yourself lucky he didn't jump in with you.

Sounds normal to me :) When she's not on walks or otherwise engaged with something, my whippet spends most of her time staring at me and watching every single thing I do with doleful eyes. I'll be working at the table for ages and assume she's asleep on the couch, then I'll happen to glance in her direction and she's just sat there staring at me haha, for who knows how long. Just in case I do something exciting, I suppose. Maybe one day she'll learn that I never do anything exciting....

The staring also increases around meal times, unsurprisingly!

We don't have a bath but we do have a really big sink which is where we wash his feet and his undercarriage after wet and muddy walks.
He has also been in the shower with me several times when he has rolled in fox poo. As it is a walk in shower I have to strip of anyway, so having him in with me works well.

Back