The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

The Edster - Updated

colliecrew

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'm pleased to report that after a fairly fraught few months, Eddie the elderly is restored to full health and beyond :wub: :wub: :wub:

As some of you may remember, at the start of the year he was having violent vomiting bouts, and would just recover only to be taken ill again and go further down. One Sunday a couple of months back we really thought we were going to have to let him go to the bridge :(

However, our vet is a star and said that if he could beat the aggressive cancer he had then he wasn't about to give up just because of a tummy problem! :unsure:

The diagnosis was pancreatitis, no doubt partly because of the starvation he'd suffered his digestive system wasn't as good as it might be. So, with medication coming out of his ears we took him home and I cooked very light, bland and tiny meals for him, and eventually he started to put some condition back on, and to get the sparkle back :thumbsup:

Now he's actually a little porky, but I really don't mind too much, at least he's got a reserve if he needs it! He's on permanent steroids, a tiny amount every other day keeps him settled, and he's on a prescription diet which I supplement with my own cooking - plus a bowl of tea of an evening otherwise both he and Willow sulk! :cheers:

Today I bought him an activity ball, to make him work for his kibble a little - and he soon learnt that if he picked it up and chucked it he got more out than just genteely rolling it - my boy's clearly an old dog learning new tricks!

Here are a couple of piccies of him - not bad for an old chap! :wub:

talons.jpg

canIeatitall.jpg

cmere.jpg

frogtongue.jpg

convenientchinrest.jpg

Thanks to all of you who have written to ask after him - he's as grateful as I am for your concern, thank you all :huggles:

thats really wonderful news. :D gives us all hope for when we think we ought to give up. :( well done you for persevereing and well done the edster for getting better and showing that theres life in the old boy yet! :wub: he looks fab in the pics by the way! :huggles:

Awww thats really good news :thumbsup: well done to you and Eddie.

Great pictures, love that last one :wub: :wub:

Eddies loking abslutely fantastic

Well done to you for carrying on were thers may have given up he's a credit to you

He is a darling and bless you for loving him. :wub: :huggles: :thumbsup:

Good on you, Eddie :cheers: - lovely to see some great pics of him looking so well :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:wub: Awwwwwwwww ! Bless him, he is looking good :huggles:

How wonderful to see such super photo's once again of gorgeous Eddster :wub: :wub: :wub:

I am absolutely delighted to see him looking so well,bless him :thumbsup: :huggles:

aww bless him :wub: ,he looks great considering his problems. all the best to you both.

Eddies looking fantastic, it's lovely to see him back in good health.

:wub: .

Well done :cheers:

That's good news :thumbsup: He's looking good :wub: :huggles:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaw, it brings tears to my eyes to see the Edster :wub: looking so wonderfully well. Long may it continue :thumbsup: :p

:huggles: to Eddie

Eddies looking great after all he's been through...theres life in the old dog yet :thumbsup:

Bless his heart - he loves that canac ball doesnt he :D

What a relief that he is so fit and well, a real credit to you and your vet.

I bet he goes on for years yet as he's obviously a fighter ,and having the time of his life. He's probably in his prime :cheers: :D

what lovely happy news :thumbsup: Eddy is looking smashing :wub: - heres some luck :luck: boy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eddie just tears at my heartstrings :wub: :wub: :wub: Lovely to see he is doing well, and still learning new tricks :cheers: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Ooooooooh........he looks so happy! That is a wonderful news. :thumbsup:

oh Eddie..... :wub: o:)

How wonderful to see him looking so well and happy, after all he's been through, I'm filling up! :thumbsup:

I especially love the last one, of him killing his toys! o:) :wub:

Liz and the Monellis

Well you don't get more handsome than that! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: Lovely to see him looking so fit and healthy! :huggles:

Back