The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

The barf diet

Poochbypost

Registered
Reaction score
Just wondering how many people on here feed a raw diet, and what improvements you have seen since you started feeding the raw diet.

Also (for obvious reasons) who do you buy it off and why?

sorry think you missed the point, I sell the raw diet myself, just wondering where people buy it from

I feed part raw and part complete. I use a fish and potato complete which is grain free and is 60 % fish and also feed lamb ribs, chicken wings, heart and tripe which I get from my village butchers, whole rabbits which they provide themselves, and sometimes sprats from Morrisons.

Having had a dog in the past who suffered from allergies I have always been careful to provide a high quality meat/ fish based diet without grains.

I'm not sure if I'm missing the point, too but having looked at the food you are selling as Barf (and I am not in any way doubting the quality/ health benefits of the food you are selling) is actually COOKED food in pouches... have I missed something or am I looking at the wrong page on the website? :unsure:

no youre correct, its the next best thing for people who want to feed a barf diet but dont want to be defrosting or mixing veg etc, it is minimally cooked in the packaging to keep all nutrients. We're currently looking for a way to ship the raw freeflow minces by post without them defrosting

I feed my assorted pack (jrt, 2 salukis, gsd, border collie, labrador and a lurcher) raw comprising of chicken wings, thighs and carcasses - minus the skin-,hearts, liver, kidney, breast of lamb, tripe (which I loathe due to the disgusting smell), beef, occasionally lights and anything else my butcher wants to get rid of. None of my dogs will eat liver, lights or kidney raw so i lightly cook that and add carrots, potatoes, broccoli and make them a hot pot! I am very fortunate to have a friend who works for a fish merchant so a couple of times a month my lot get steamed white fish. They also (very rarely) get salmon which they will eat raw.Thery also eat raw carrots, cherries, blackberries and apples. Raw bones are on the go most of the time. They get yoghurt 3 times a week and all look well, have good teeth, shiny coats and almost never suffer from runny bums!

Back