Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Terrier X Collie/lurcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

olismum

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Really sad story with this dog. He' s 14 years old and today because of a change in circumstances that were known about 6 months ago this lttle lad was going to be put down. Like i say these changes were known about and no one thought about rehoming until 2 days before this dog would have to move or be put to sleep. So i've taken him in, he was in a pretty bad state, justt little things like nails etc, hasn't really been walked alot in his life but took him out with our 18month old lurcher today and he has been really good. He is very very young for 14 years and has plenty of life left in him yet. If we were allowed to have 2 dogs in our rented house and i wasnt expecting baby 2 in 7 weeks he wouldn't be going anywhere, but because he's not meant to be here we can't keep him and he therefore needs a home asap. I cut his nails after he had been with us 2 hours and he was a darling, he has been good with our son of 19 months and has always lived with a cat. He is however an entire male and gets excited with our dog, but keeps up with him running around the frontroom. He will sit and give you his paw and has previously been left for up to 11 hours a day. He is lovely and i can't fault him at all. Although i have no vaccination record for him and i know he isnt microchipped. I have bathed him today and will be frontlining him when he has dried and he will be wormed when he has his breakfast tomorrow. He doesn't travel really well, but all he does is shake a bit. Very friendly guy who simply is too good and full of life to be put down.

Im in cornwall if your interested in him 01326210729 email me if you want a pic of him and i will take one or two for you

If anyone further up country can give this lad a home, I'd be happy to help with the transport from Cornwall upwards :thumbsup:

Bless him how sad :(

If you want rescue help for him please give Oldies Club a call on 08445 868 656 or e-mail rehome@oldies.org.uk. If you want a look at our website it is www.oldies.org.uk. We have a couple of foster homes free in that area so may be able to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys going to cal the oldies club as soon as lines open this morning, really really loving little dog but too much for us to have here atm with the new baby on her way. My son wont stop cuddling him atm and hes really good with it, the only thing is food as hes been an only dog hes funny with our dog at diner time

If anyone further up country can give this lad a home, I'd be happy to help with the transport from Cornwall upwards :thumbsup:
Thanks and im happy to take him to you in devon so he can easily go anywhere real cracking lil dog this one.

Hello everyone

I'm so pleased to say (but very sad aswell) Charlie found a home a lady came all the way to staffordshire to collect him and he is going to be loved so much. He is even going to work with the lady so will not be left! :) Very happy for him although after 4 nights with him here it all seems very empty now :( And poor old oliver is upset his playmate has left bless him although we will have his gf ruby over at some point this week as my sis is at uni again now.

Thanks for all your help xx

awwwwwwwwww a happy ending , so pleased for all of you x

:wub: happy ending for him then, well done to you for taking the time to help this gent out ;)

I'm so pleased to hear he's sorted, well done for helping him :luck:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back