The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Take A Look And Give Your Opinion.

gabbitas31

Di
Registered
Reaction score
Came across this today, like I've already said, at first i thought a fox, what do you think? DOG or FOX.? :thumbsup:

MinistryWalk034.jpg

MinistryWalk035.jpg

That looks more dog than fox I would say :( and a young one by the teeth, :( :(

I wouldn't like to say, could be either. What puzzles me is the bone across it's neck, looks very odd and I can't work out where it comes from on the body.

Definately not a fox its a dog for sure,by the size id guess around 6 months old running dog cross

I wouldn't like to say, could be either. What puzzles me is the bone across it's neck, looks very odd and I can't work out where it comes from on the body.
Yes, i agree the bones on the chest looks like maybe a gun shot wound and it's broken the chest cavity, :angry: i've put it on Poachers Rest forum and they all seem to think it's a dog/lurcher. :angry: poor dog.

We've had a few dogs go missing over the summer period, i though i might be one that went hunting on it's own, and got lost but there's no collar :( so i guess it was taken out there and shot :(

Are there any sheep out there, Di? It could have been worrying them and the farmer shot it? :unsure:

Buzzards would have picked it clean to a degree I would think. That would explain it's odd position. It must have been there for a while and was more than likely shot.

We'll never know how or why!

Unless it fell and broke it's neck and wasn't found.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any sheep out there, Di? It could have been worrying them and the farmer shot it? :unsure:
No Jane no sheep for miles, and no farmer, it's all owned by the ministry of defence..but it is close to the holiday camp :blink: so some one may of come down on holiday and decided to go lamping one night, the pup didn't perform as it was supposed to :( , and bang, :eek: dead pup from a person who didn't give a shit, :( or is prepared to train a young dog, :angry: we all know it happens, but we don't like to think about it. :(

I think this Topic should have come with a warning, that it is upsetting! Please think before posting something like this that not all people are used to seeing something like this. This is not purely a hunting site but for All Dog users.

It looks like a dog and poor thing to be left just lying there. Thar could be someones pet out there and to learn its fate on a internet site cant be pleasant.

I think this Topic should have come with a warning, that it is upsetting! Please think before posting something like this that not all people are used to seeing something like this. This is not purely a hunting site but for All Dog users.
It looks like a dog and poor thing to be left just lying there. Thar could be someones pet out there and to learn its fate on a internet site cant be pleasant.
It's a sad fact that things like this happen, :angry: but it also makes people who live down here, Cornwall, that a dog/fox has been found dead, it could put their minds at rest if they have lost or had stolen an animal in this area recently, (after all NO ONE knows for sure it IS a dog), :angry: and as for coming with a warning, maybe it should of, (w00t) but it didn't :- so get over it who ever you are. :angry:

If you'd waited before making such a comment, you would of seen the rest of the post that i was going to put on later tonight, showing more, YES MORE pictures of the same animal, BUT with some more information about it, so in future, if you see any threads put up by me, (don't look). :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :teehee: :teehee: :teehee: have a good day now. :clown: Di

Back