The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Storm

matthew

Registered
Reaction score
hi

i'm a newbie.

was at selby on monday showing my lurcher and overheard 2 irish men talking about journey home on ferry.

i didn't have a clue who you were.

but after logging on today and seeing pics of my dogs by the lurcher ring, i put 2 and 2 together and realised you were STORMYDOG and read about a portrait of storm.

i didn't know who storm was so had a look back in archive posts to read his story.

how sad and how sorry i am.

it reminded me so much of my 14 year old bedlington.

she was a rescue dog that had alot of problems and she never left my side.

after spending time in the vets, she was allowed home but woke up the next morning and decided that 'this piano didn't want to play no more'.

i was devastated and heart broken.

its also good to read that you are so honest to admit you had a good old cry.

i'm not ashamed to admit it to anyone that i did and it took me along time to get over her.

on xmas morning somebody presented me with a framed photo of skye, thinking they were doing right but i just burst into tears in front of everyone.

people say you are a bigger man if you do show your emotions???!!!

its took me along time to get my head round it and i can now bear to look at photos of her without crying.

dogs are good when you've got them but there comes a point in life when you've got to prepare yourself for the worst.

i have 4 dogs and she was my 1st loss, i always said i dread the day anything ever happens to my dogs.

now she sits pride of place on the fireplace with her collar and rosettes, and i still talk to her.

in fact its quite upsetting writing this.

so i think its time to go.

just thought i'd share my story.

one thing that impressed me most was you admitting to everyone you cried.

RIP STORM

and RIP SKYE

hope you've met each other up at rainbow bridge and storm, i hope your looking after skye as she needs alot of looking after.

matthew

POEM_Gate.jpg

i read this with tears in my eyes ,sory for your loss matthew but nice you could share this with us ,welcome to k9 :huggles:

what a lovely post. :) youre obviously a real animal lover and miss your old dog a great deal.(ive got tears in my eyes here reading this as it brings back memories of some of my oldies who are no longer with me)John's dog Storm battled for quite a while and John stood shoulder to shoulder with him all the time.but the end came as it does for all of us and in the end John knew it was time to let him go.its the last favour we can do for our dogs,not to let them suffer and to give them a dignified release when the time comes.im sure John shed many tears over Storm and im sure he wasnt alone at the time as i know quite a few folk on here cried tears at the sad news hed lost his last battle. :( the picture that John was given was bought by members on here who all wanted to show him how much we respected him and how highly he was thought of for looking after his mate so well.Storm will be sorely missed and not just by John,by all of us on here.he was one in a million as im sure your dog Skye was to you and all our dogs are to each of us.

its the old story,you give your heart to a dog to break :'(

welcome to k9! :huggles:

atear jerking read i think we all relate to , its heartbreaking when they leave us :( , but thankfully we have a lifetime of memories to remember them by :wub:

storm was a more than special dog , he showed courage like no other and the whole of k9 i think felt johns loss with him , he lives on through the mighty colt :)

thats a very special post my friend. on k9 here i reckon most can associate yours or my loss to one of their own dogs. it creates an emotional vacum reading about people losing their dogs and it draws you into it. im sure losing a dog at 14 is lots worse than losing one at 8 so you have probably dealt with more sadness than me.

time heals..it doesnt cure..just heals. i always said i hadnt finished shedding a tear for storm and sunday proved it.

rainbow bridge must be a great place filled with bouncey happy-again dogs !

thanks matthew. next time say hello :thumbsup:

Hi, and Welcome.

loosing a beloved pet is always hard. Storm was a very special dog as im sure Skye was also. :huggles:

Everyone on here understands the powerful emotions of love, happiness and sometimes upset dogs create in our lives, and on here is a great place to share those things whether sad or happy.

matthew said:
hi i'm a newbie.

was at selby on monday showing my lurcher and overheard 2 irish men talking about journey home on ferry.

but after logging on today and seeing pics of my dogs by the lurcher ring, i put 2 and 2 together and realised you were STORMYDOG and read about a portrait of storm.

i didn't know who storm was so had a look back in archive posts to read his story.

after spending time in the vets, she was allowed home but woke up the next morning and decided that 'this piano didn't want to play no more'.

i'm not ashamed to admit it to anyone that i did and it took me along time to get over her.

on xmas morning somebody presented me with a framed photo of skye, thinking they were doing right but i just burst into tears in front of everyone.

its took me along time to get my head round it and i can now bear to look at photos of her without crying.

dogs are good when you've got them but there comes a point in life when you've got to prepare yourself for the worst.

i have 4 dogs and she was my 1st loss, i always said i dread the day anything ever happens to my dogs.

now she sits pride of place on the fireplace with her collar and rosettes, and i still talk to her.

RIP STORM

and RIP SKYE

hope you've met each other up at rainbow bridge and storm, i hope your looking after skye as she needs alot of looking after.

matthew

:huggles: :huggles:

Hugs for you, Matthew :thumbsup:

Run Free Skye :wub:

Hi

I'm new to this too...never been on a forum site so apologies in advance for any mistakes.

Matthew your story and Storms has affected me too...have just lost our beloved Bracken 2 wks ago. It was totally out of the blue ... only 7 yrs old and was diagnosed with a tumour in her lower heart chamber...took her to the vets at lunchtime with short breathing and had to witness her being put down at 6 that evening...heart ripping. Can't believe she has left us...my daughter was heartbroken too!! Find myself on the computer now looking at pics of rough coated lurchers. Your piece made me cry again...can't bear to read about Storm yet tho! Will get another pup soon I guess...can't be without the fantastic friend who's always there for you, resting her head on yr arm or snuggling up on the bed (yes I know...bit naughty). Just to say you have my thoughts too.

Nicky

matthew said:
hi i'm a newbie.

RIP STORM

and RIP SKYE

matthew

Back