The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Steve Bateson Rip

Martin Tucker

Registered
Reaction score
Just posted on Greyhound-Data !

Ive just heard the sad news that steve bateson, husband of julie bateson(uk trainer), has passed away after a long illness. i would just like to pass my condolences onto julie and all of both there familys and friends.

steve always had a nice word to say about anyone and knew his way around a dog.

a true dog man.

RIP steve.

very sad news steve was a top man in the whippet world and also the greyhound world he will be sadly missed by a lot of people ,please pass on my condolences to julie.

so very sad to hear this news, steve was the best dog man ive ever known, and a great bloke ,infact a lovely couple, thoughts are with you julie. you battled to the end steve .R.I.P mate.

SUCH SAD NEWS! THE RACING WORLD HAS LOST ONE OF THE BEST. MY CONDOLENCES TO JULIE R.I.P. STEVE YOU'LL BE SORELY MISSED.

such devastating news my heart goes out to Julie and both families Steve and Julie two of the nicest people you could know and top class dog people

R.I.P. Steve you will be missed

so sorry :( thoughts are with julie and family

RIP Steve, you will be missed

Elaine & Sally

Last edited by a moderator:
Gutted to hear this, I was only speaking to Julie a few weeks ago at work.

It's a shame there's not more of the likes of Steve in whippet racing, someone who i think deserves the term 'a good dog man' and a good sense of humour also.

Rip Steve, thinking of Julie and the rest of the family at such a devastating time.

So sad to hear this news :( I can remember Steve alot from when i was younger, he always made me laugh, Im just sorry he's gone.

Our thoughts are with Julie and family at this difficult time

RIP Steve xx

Address for those who wish to send condolences/cards

59 Lythefell Avenue

Halton-on- Lune

Nr.Lancaster

LA2

Thinking about you Julie, what a great loss to you and to dog racing :( Shelley and Tam

Lin has just telephoned to let me know the very sad news about Steve.

He was a wonderful lad with a great dry sense of humour, he was highly thought of and what he didn't know about whippets wasn't worth knowing. He and Julie raced and bred some of the sports greats which is 'gold stamped' forever in the sports history.

From starting out with Mr Benn many, many years ago...to when they retired with Little Madam, they enjoyed success of the highest level.

It is a very sad day, our thoughts go out to Julie xxxxx

59 Lythefell Avenue

Halton-on- Lune

Nr.Lancaster

LA2 6NH

sorry missed the 6NH off

Steve

59 Lythefell Avenue

Halton-on- Lune

Nr.Lancaster

LA2 6NH

sorry missed the 6NH off

Steve

Steve was one of the nicest people we have ever known, he was a top whippet racer, & racing has never been the same since Steve and Julie packed in.

RIP Steve, you were a true gent and you will be sorely missed by all who ever knew you. Condolencies to Julie and family.

John & Jean.

so sorry to hear about Steve he will be missed by a lot of people thoughts are with Julie at this time RIP STEVE

LYNN TREVOR

sorry to hear about steve he was a true gentleman our thoughts are with julie and family at this sad time

tommy and pamela

this is a sad loss to the dog racing world whippets/greyhounds and also to julie

RIP steve none him since i was 13/14 good bloke

So sorry to hear this, another racing great gone, RIP Steve, our thoughts are with Julie and family at this sad time

Amanda, Pauline & Nick

R.I.P Steve, i remember when i first started racing him and Julie were very welcoming at the champs at Old Hall, he will be a big miss. My thoughts are with Julie and the family

Back