The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Some advice please

PuppyLand

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, i'm new here, and thought i would ask for some advice please. I walk a dog for some people who work full time. She is young, fairly large dog. The trouble i feel is that the dog is left all day and is board. It has no where to run as the place is too small. It cannot go in the garden as it is shut in, which is fairly small as well. The owner has noticed a few things lately, and mentioned them to me. I have also noticed a few things. This dog is bored and lays alot (i think) on the sofa. The dog is wanted & loved, but just misses them i think. They now say it is whining for attention when they are home. The trouble is the dog gets attention when i am there, but only for a short while. It was a rescue dog, and some places ask how long you will be leaving an animal for. The dog has recently had a couple of stomach upsets lately, which i think is due to being fed the cheapest food you can buy. Also, i noticed was trying to eat other dogs muck from the grass. It will eat any rubbish of the floor if allowed. The owner is concerned, but i think knows nothink about dog food. The dog is quite excitable and playful. I have suggested perhaps a large dogflap----but not sureif that will help the situation much. Just need some advice as to what i should do, as it is not my dog. Also giving it terrible food .........is heartbreaking. :(

Back