The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Shanes Castle - Terrier & Lurcher Racing

Whisper & Aida

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

Thinking about coming over from England for this one.

Mainly for the terrier & lurcher racing, is there usually a good turnout of terriers???? Do they go over same distance as lurchers etc????

Will definatley be running my terrier but after what has been said about the track Im not sure about my big lass!!!!!!!!

Any more news????

Whisper & Aida said:
Hi
Thinking about coming over from England for this one.

Mainly for the terrier & lurcher racing, is there usually a good turnout of terriers???? Do they go over same distance as lurchers etc????

Will definatley be running my terrier but after what has been said about the track Im not sure about my big lass!!!!!!!!

Any more news????

hi

The terrier and lurcher turnout is usually very good with a full compliment of classes . The racing for the terriers is only about 100-150 yards but its at the end of the track and if i remember rightly it avoids all the lumps bumps and that huge dip. bring your big dog and weigh the track up but i can assure its worse than anything youl race on in england.

good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good, we were at ballywalter earlier in the year on the Sunday.

Is it about the same distance as that, we won that day Im hoping we can make the trip worthwhile again!!!!!!!!!!

Was a poor turnout of terriers that day but the event is mebbe on a bigger scale is it.

jmo but a good dog should be able to run over rough ground whats the fuss?

Whisper & Aida said:
Sounds good, we were at ballywalter earlier in the year on the Sunday.
Is it about the same distance as that, we won that day Im hoping we can make the trip worthwhile again!!!!!!!!!!

Was a poor turnout of terriers that day but the event is mebbe on a bigger scale is it.

ahhaaa i remember you now :thumbsup: well this event dwarfs Ballywalter. i think its a bit longer the terrier track but who knows it might be different this year.

:wacko: dont forget..the racing championship is on saturday and the showing is sunday !! :thumbsup:

Magic

Thanks for that pal, nothing worse than making the long journey then it all being a anti climax.

You will know that as well.

Saturday it is, we were unsure about which day to come but that confirms it.

Cheers

Back