The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Selby & Kelmarsh 09

stormydog

Registered
Reaction score
What a great weekend that was ! Fantastic meeting up with good friends in the Lurcher world who are good fun away from dogs too aswell as with them.

Arrived friday night at Stranraer around 730pm with plans to stop over the night halfway to Selby at a campsite. Bollox numero uno....we got there too late and to keep the stinking Gypos out all campsites are locked at 9pm. That meant we had to look for a field up along the A66 for a field to sneak into. After loads of scouting round we found a field away in the arsehole of nowhere with an open gate ! We drove on the laneway into it and i went to turn the car around....ooops i got us bogged in..up to the tyre air valves ! lol 2 hours later..one dismantled 300 year old drystone wall later we had managed to dig holes and lay a "Roman road" path below the tyres...we were free !

315am we arrived at Scotch Corner and slept(closed our eyes) in a service carpark..Magic eh !

So, we eventually got to Selby on time but no sleep...zzzzzzzz.

heres where we lived.

S8303405.jpg

The troops..

S8303404.jpg

Bookings for coursing and straights were as directed so the proceedings were going to begin sharpish. Distance for straights was about 110yds id reckon. A mad dash in unders saw Becki`s dog pip China out in the final of u23s. Colt ran better than ive seen in years and each heat he ran that hard he cleared the fencing away behind the finish line and caused Tom to have to stop the traffic each time he ran. He blistered the final after a bit of bumping from Ron and Wendys young pretender with Willow 3rd.

Sammys "galeforce" showed well for considering it was her first outing.

S8303410.jpg

Guss done well again with win in the unders on Sunday and his new dog winning the Bull Title...fine dog !

S8303406.jpg

Thanks to Guss`s mum and dad Johnny and Avril for having us at their caravan for a few tasty bbq bits and pieces before we headed off to the Big Beer Tent yayyy !

S8303417.jpg

S8303416.jpg

I had to ask this guy for a pic of his noggin...I GIVE YOU...."SIDE SHOW BOB" (The Simpsons)

S8303424.jpg

Such crack that evening in the beer tent with the beer flowing feely . A guy on the mic was pretty good and entertainted the masses. Sammy had some very strange cakes with him...i wonder was it the cream made us giggle a lot......? We made our drunken way back to Sallytillys (val and andys) awning for further imbibementation were Val done some pole dancing !

Before the Pole Dancing began...

S8303425.jpg

Andy..what ever were you drinking ? :lol:

S8303431.jpg

It got too much for Leahanne who had an accident ;)

S8303428.jpg

Kelmarsh beckoned but we were 2 persons down...Guss and Leahanne fell at the early-start-hurdle..oooops !

It drizzled all day but it didnt bother us. The track there was around 325ish and in fine fettle. Again Colt hammered up it until the semi-final and you know the rest. Willow beat Archer to claim the o23s and China took to that distance quite well beating Tilly in the final. Homeward bound up the M1 where yet again i fell asleep driving !!

Sorry we didnt get to say adios to everyone but we had to make a stop-off at Dumfries and time just caught up with us. So many thanks to handy out..Den & Jane, Amanda & Pete, Deb & Ian, Val & Andy Tom & Carol Brannon ..always very friendly and welcoming. Catch up with you lot again soon !

Next stop..Monmouth thursday....one dog good-to-go..one not !

S8303417.jpg

S8303416.jpg

Before the Pole Dancing began...

S8303425.jpg

Andy..what ever were you drinking ? :lol:

S8303431.jpg

We had a great weekend too - and thanks to you John and the VERY MERRY troops who woke me up at 2am p*ssed as far*ts!!!!

I'll get my pics put up when i've sorted through them all.

Lovely to see you again John

Debs

yes john , what a wonderfull weekend, we really enjoyed your company, sammy and spud never stopped telling jokes all the time :lol: :lol: what a scream,must also say , it's one of the few shows where theres not been a bit of bitching, not saying there was'nt any, just i never heard any, jane was shitting herself at the terrier racing, well i would have been too if i'd been her westie :( , racing on her inside was a staffy about 40lb, but fair play to it, it only ran for the lure, but the westie was so far behind it would have needed a bus to catch up, however it the taking part that counts, i liked the look of gus's bull cross, sammy's "galeforce" had flat feet, not because it had them naturally, but because sammy kept standing on the poor dogs feet :lol: :lol:

atb john , we'll catch you again later in the year no doubt about it .

hope colt heals quicklyand china gets back to her blistering best.

Hi John,

Yet again,great to catch up with you.It was a great atmosphere at Selby,but then it always is.

As for Val pole dancing!!!She did,nt do bad for someone who doesn,t drink!!!!

See you and your friendly mates soon.

Amandax

:p Looks like a great time had by all.

Well done with the racing results John, hope Colt's ok we read he got hurt.

Well done Gus I'm sure your well pleased your dog looks great.

Great pics we're sorry we didn't go now :p

:p Looks like a great time had by all.Well done with the racing results John, hope Colt's ok we read he got hurt.

Well done Gus I'm sure your well pleased your dog looks great.

Great pics we're sorry we didn't go now :p

Well done to Colt & China Breeze John, & the best of luck at Monmouth, do you ever have a trip that goes to plan !!! ???? Take it easy.....

great pic's...looks like you all a ball :D

:D :D how very dare you!!! pole dancing!!!! we had a fantastic weekend wi you lot, you are all great company :p . cant wait for the next one! love you lots :) xxx ps andy asked if colt was ok! let us know.

that was sideshow bob really lol had a crackin time well pleased with stitch winning the bull cross and qulifying to go to the bullcross finails on the first day he got 3rd and on the second day he got 2nd and on the third day he got 1st well chuffed and wee sky didnt do to bad eather.cheers to everyone who we meet over for a good weekend ;)

Back