The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Saying hello

petertohen

Registered
Reaction score
Just a Hi to introduce myself and my 3 dogs.

I currently have 3 dogs 2 Husky's and a GSD all rescue the problem im having is Kai 19 month old husky and Blu 9 yr old gsd (had 8 yrs) don't seem to be getting on at all, we've had Kai for 8 weeks and the 2 of them don't seem to be getting on Blu just constantly barks at him tho all Kai wants to do is play I do feel there is some jealousy as our other dog is a female husky?

any suggestions as to how this can be sorted or will they settle Kai was meant to be a foster but we fell in love and don't want to return him he's a brilliant dog
Husky - Wikipedia

Hello and welcome to our friendly forum. I'm new to dog ownership so can't really offer any advice, but rest assured our experienced forumites will be along soon. Good luck with it.

Sorry I don't have experience of this. If nobody else can help I can get in touch with an old member who I know has had experience of not only multi dog households but also multi dogs with some challenges; and see if she can offer you advice (if she is willing to check in). I tend to look at new posts so if this slips away without replies please nudge me in a day or two.

welcome @petertohen - How long has Blu and your female Husky been together? It must be quite a big shock for him suddenly having a younger male in the house! Has Kai been castrated?

The rescue you got the young dog from should be able to advise, and maybe come out to observe. I have had similar problems introducing another male dog into our home. It can take around 6 months for the pack to settle back down and the pecking order to become established.
In the meantime give your existing, older male dog lots of attention if he is behaving and ignore the barky young one when he is being obnoxious and reward with lots of fusses when he is behaving how you want him to.

Back