The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Royal Irish Regiment..parade In Belfast

stormydog

Registered
Reaction score
The Royal Irish Regiment was welcomed home today with open arms to Belfast. Tens of thousands lined our streets and applauded the Regimental band and the soldiers. Sadly they werent allowed to play their Regimental tune "Killaloo" or carry their weapons :wacko: .

Heres a few pix...ofcourse as expected it turned into a riot when opposers to the parade held an opposing parade. Just like old times (w00t)

heres the front of the parade with the Regiments mascots..

Photo-0336.jpg

Photo-0339.jpg

Photo-0337.jpg

and a few of the "fun and games"... :- " the Riot Police out in force got their share of ermmm duties ;)

across the road at the sein finn dissident camp behind the Cop land-rovers ..look at the press ! looking for ring leaders and headline pix :eek:

Photo-0343.jpg

Photo-0333.jpg

Photo-0344.jpg

Photo-0345.jpg

I forgot how much i loved these days out.. o:)

Last edited by a moderator:
oohhh look at all those men in uniforms :- "

great pic's :thumbsup:

those woofers are lush :wub:

fab photos John the wolfhounds are :wub: :wub:

you got a bit to close for my liking tho you be careful. :huggles:

pepa said:
fab photos John the wolfhounds are :wub:   :wub:
you got a bit to close for my liking tho you be careful. :huggles:

Oh don't worry about him sue...he's big enough and ugly enough to look after himself :- " !

Great pictures of the parade John :thumbsup: ...how proud do those dog handlers look - best job of the lot :thumbsup: !

It is a shame though that such a huge police prescence is needed to keep control :(

Great pics , handsome soldiers and beautiful dogs :wub: :wub:

great pics stormy i love the irish wolfhounds :wub:

bloody hell! (w00t)

sorry to be boring but the dogs are great aren't they? :wub:

the bloke in the first pic at the front of procession looks interesting :blink: -black coat-hat-who was he then?

burger vans in the area would have been minted eh?

karen

affieluver said:
great pics stormy i love the irish wolfhounds  :wub:

every time the regiment get a new wolfhound he or she is always caleed "Brian Boru" after a legendary Irish King from 918AD. he lived near Killaloe from where the Regimental March Past comes from.

The previous "Brian" was a bitve a nasty boy so he was retired early :oops:

Hi,the regiment look great,but can you tell me if the lads are from the Sloane Square Royal Regiment in London.Many years ago i lived in sloane square and worked at the Rose n Crown the lads were cracking.Many a night i had to crawl home sneaking from their barracks.hey i mean pissed as a fart.lolGreat group of lads and i remember the irish wolf hound.Mind you he would of passed away many a year now.I used to feed him left over sausages so he got used to me but the big bugger still barked,guess what for the bloody sausages.If it was them,many a memory comes back,lol :cheers:

jane bone said:
Hi,the regiment look great,but can you tell me if the lads are from the Sloane Square Royal Regiment in London.Many years ago i lived in sloane square and worked at the Rose n Crown the lads were cracking.Many a night i had to crawl home sneaking from their barracks.hey i mean pissed as a fart.lolGreat group of lads and i remember the irish wolf hound.Mind you he would of passed away many a year now.I used to feed him left over sausages so he got used to me but the big bugger still barked,guess what for the bloody sausages.If it was them,many a memory comes back,lol :cheers:
The 1st Battalion is based in Tern Hill, Shropshire (between Liverpool and Birmingham) and forms part of 16 Air Assault Brigade. The regiment today were 2nd Battalion Reserves who were also in Afghanistan. The Sloane Square Royal Regiment are Irish Guards i think. They also have the Irish Wolfhound too and is also called "brian Boru" !

Yes you are right,sorry but still Ireland should be proud of them all.Bet it was a great day,shame things have to be spoiled though.

jane bone said:
Yes you are right,sorry but still Ireland should be proud of them all.Bet it was a great day,shame things have to be spoiled though.
no it wasnt spoiled. it had the potential to be. but generally it was fine. couple of "flash points" but both sides were kept apart or it wouldve been a blood bath . thank God :sweating:

Wow those blooming dogs are something else.. :wub:

We should be very proud of all of them...Welcome home. :cheers: great pictures John ...and the video clip too.. :thumbsup:

Its a shame the news report earlier concentrated on the trouble, not the positive side like you John...although they had to admit there were ten times more supporters than protesters

great pics john :thumbsup: i think adams and co. forget why the army where on the streets of ulster back in 69 :thumbsup:

Hey...Small world or not?

I printed your pics to show a colleague at work-he's from Belfast-so thought he'd be interested....

It turns out his brother is part of the band....couldn't see him though-

Have you any more of the band?

and that tune you spoke of 'Killaloo'-means nothing to me :oops:

my colleague has it as his ring tone....

Thanks -you made his day. :thumbsup:

Karen-Coral said:
Hey...Small world or not?I printed your pics to show a colleague at work-he's from Belfast-so thought he'd be interested....

It turns out his brother is part of the band....couldn't see him though-

Have you any more of the band?

and that tune you spoke of 'Killaloo'-means nothing to me :oops:

my colleague has it as his ring tone....

Thanks -you made his day. :thumbsup:

Well i wanna shake that guys hand ! That tune sends shivers up my neck ! i have no more pix but heres a link for your collegue to peruse and listen to :- " .

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=McEh9mRTgUY&feature=related

The 4th still picture in...theres a wee guy marching his platoon ..thats my nephew ! hes the youngest Capt the R.I.R. have ever had...hes now MAJOR JAMIE ALEXANDER HUMPHREYS and i just fukn love em !

Here he is with his cousin..my Laurie when the RIR received the freedom of North Down in 2004 .

S8302814.jpg

Karen pm me more on your mate as i dont want his personal details on here. id like to know more on him and his Bro :thumbsup:

Hers one for KOJAK :thumbsup: what a youtube mate !!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3YPIcfuOdgk&feature=related

Back