The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Rip

FionaS

Registered
Reaction score
We are absolutely devastated.

Jayse was out walking our 4 on Friday afternoon and Dolly did her usual which was to go off into the undergrowth chasing bunnies. She did this now and again and would go missing then always turn up exactly where she left and we would wait for her. Anyway she was missing for 1hr and 1/2 and Jayse was looking for her, he went to the top of the hill but couldnt see her anywhere. She was 2 miles away from home in the middel of the contry when she went missing.

He called me at work as I was just about to finish and it was just getting dusk. When i arrived home, neighbours said Dolly had been at our back gate and they tried to get hold of her but she ran off. She then ran into the village and ran out onto the the main road straight in front of a van and was killed straight away. I had missed her by about 10 min. I spoke to the van driver who was in tears and was a dog lover. We are totally beside ourselves, she was our first whippet and was only 4 1/2. We loved her to pieces and they all go everywhere with us.

We will always remember our Dolly, she was fiesty fun and so loving. We have no children and our dogs are everything to us.

RIP our lovely Dolly

:( fiona im so sorry for your loss, thinking of you at this sad time. R.I.P DOLLY XXX

:( oh i am so sorry, im sure you both heart broken :(

RIP dolly, run free little girl....xxxxxx......

Last edited:
Jayse feels responsible and wishes he hadn't let her off, had come back sooner had called me sooner etc. But nothing i say will console him he feels it is his fault, but she had never ever ran home over the hills she always came back to the same place. It is so tragic and we feel so empty and sick.

I'm so sorry :(

A whippet is born to run, its a tragic accident.

Oh Fiona I am so SO sorry to hear this ((((((HUGS))))))

Virtually the same thing happened exactly a year ago yesterday to my darling Diva - she pulled the lead out of my hand and ran after a rabbit, disappeared off hunting (at 11pm!!!) and was killed on the road the next day :( For months I blamed myself for both her and Tina's deaths but now I accept that they were both tragic accidents and we are now looking for another dog :) Tell Jayse NOT to blame himself....as Meddling says, whippets are born to run and sometimes these things happen (((HUGS)))

RIP Dolly ~ run free at Rainbow Bridge xxxx

I am so, so very sorry. The pain we feel reflects the enormous love we have for our dogs. My thoughts are with you both at this sad & heartbreaking time. Ju x x x

Oh im so sorry to read this, when im go off an a venture im always on edge until they come back,my heart goes out to you :(

RIP DOLLY

Fiona I am so very, very sorry for your loss. How terribly devastated you both must be :( :(

Jayse really shouldn't blame himself, however much it is understandable that he does ... it is all too easy to focus on the 'if onlys', but all too often nothing we did or did not do could have prevented the accident that occurs :(

Run free and fast Dolly, always loved and never forgotten.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so very sorry :(

Unless you wrap your dogs in bubble wrap and never let them have any freedom you can't get past the fact that dogs are dogs, and may do something unexpected. I'm sure every dog owner has had an incident that 'could' have ended tragically, I'm just so sorry that in your case the worst happened. :huggles:

Oh Fiona....Im sitting here in tears reading this.....Im so very very sorry...what a terrible thing to happen to Dolly... :(

I dont know what on earth to say to you....but a tragic horrible accident...

Run free Sweet girl...(my Kobis sister too)....and always very special to us here too... :huggles:

Thinking of you all, at such a sad time..

How sad :(

TurboSpud_bridge.jpg

A Poem for you and Dolly...

Remember Our Love

I was chosen today

I'm learning to fly

the world took me away,

but please don't you cry

And I chose you today

to try and be strong

so please don't you cry

and don't say that I'm gone

When you're feeling alone

just remember our love,

I'm up near the stars

looking down from above.

Remember our love

In a moment you'll see

that I'm still here beside you

when you're thinking of me.

and a picture of the litter for you...hope you dont mind....Happy Memories... :)

ALLPUPPIES2.jpg

and Fiona Im in no doubt she had the most fantastic life with you... :huggles:

A Poem for you and Dolly...

Remember Our Love

I was chosen today

I'm learning to fly

the world took me away,

but please don't you cry

And I chose you today

to try and be strong

so please don't you cry

and don't say that I'm gone

When you're feeling alone

just remember our love,

I'm up near the stars

looking down from above.

Remember our love

In a moment you'll see

that I'm still here beside you

when you're thinking of me.

and a picture of the litter for you...hope you dont mind....Happy Memories... :)

ALLPUPPIES2.jpg

and Fiona Im in no doubt she had the most fantastic life with you... :huggles:
Thanks Janis, that is beautiful

im soo sorry for your lost and im sharing the pain your going through as ive just lost my girl on fri :(

please dont blame yourself

run free beautiful girl

Im so sorry for your loss, I lost my first dog when he was the same age as Dolly, its so hard to deal with as you expect them to be with you for a much longer time (peferably forever) Just take comfort in knowing she had a fantastic life with you :(

I am very sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine the pain. Just think about the fun times that you and her had together.

xxx

Back