4. Best straight event

5. Best atmosphere bend/straight

6. Most improved dog/bitch/scr

7. Best dog

8. Best bitch

9. Best scr

10. AND FINALLY BEST OF TO :luck: EVERYONE FOR A SAFE INJURY FREE 2009

1. Best bend race

South coast scr Sup final all four dogs going over the line within 2 yard of each other

2. Best straight race

Gold run v Six semi final english derby

3. Best bend event

South coast scr

4. Best straight event

Scottish derby sheer class

South coast scr bend open simply great / Scottish Grand National at ayr great club great welcome

Southern Spark came from nowhere to be a class act both bend and straight

must also mention On the ball in the scr the imo he would have broke the track record at wessie on good going

7. Best dog

Southern Spark great allrounder won full opens bend and straight

8. Best bitch

nobody likes bulling there own dogs up but cara was just brilliant and im sure she knows it she walks round the house as if to say look at me lol

9. Best scr

Bagheera breathtaking at points

MUST put in best laugh was the Bingo at the champs

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Best bend race - for me it had to be watching eve win her first title and both supremes as a vet. i thought the race between ruby murray and vivs perfection at nnwrf champs was fantastic aswell

2. Best straight race - gold run and 6ix at the english derby

3. Best bend event - haven't got a fav bend event this year, have enjoyed them all

4. Best straight event - BWRA champs, just for the look on mums face when milli won her title :huggles:

5. Best atmosphere bend/straight - thought all the champs had a good atmosphere

6. Most improved dog/bitch/scr - andrew's fatboyslim, he showed a lot of promise as a youngster at club and has proved himself on the open circuit

7. Best dog - maid your point and southern spark

8. Best bitch - has to be mochara, she's been stunning to watch all year

9. Best scr - bagheera and deneside bell

good luck everyone for 2009 :luck:

m warren said:
Lets see your veiws on the 10 of the  Best of 2008
1. Best bend race

2. Best straight race

3. Best bend event

4. Best straight event

7. Best dog

8. Best bitch

9. Best scr

10. AND FINALLY BEST OF TO :luck:   EVERYONE FOR A SAFE INJURY FREE 2009

1 BEST BEND RACE SPIRT OF THE STAG AT THE CHAMPS

2 BEST STRAIGHT RACE MOCARA AT ENGLISH DERBY

3 FED CHAMPS GREAT DAYS RACING

4 JAN KEEBLE GOLD CUP

5 SOUTHCOAST BEND CHAMPS/SCOTTISH DERBY

6 KENTUCY/MY PRETTY FAST/OUR EBBY THESE WILL TAKE SOME BEATING NEXT YEAR

7 LITTLE BILL

8 MOCARA

9 OUR EBBY

10 MAIN THING STOP SLAGING EACH OTHER OFF ON K9 AND TRACK SIDE ENJOY YOUR RACING MAY THERE BE SOME GOOD RACING IN 2009 LETS HAVE PEACEFUL NEWYEAR GOOD LUCK ALL RACERS. :thumbsup:

BEST STRAIGHT RACE,INSHALLAH BOLAN AND SPIRIT OF THE STAG AT NWRF CHAMPS,

BENDS.FIDDLER AND PURPLE RAIN AT NWRF BEND CHAMPS,

BEST BEND MEETING WAS THE FEDS CHAMPIONSHIPS.

BEST STRAIGHT MEETING JAN KEEBLE AT THURROCK

BEST ATMOSPHERE WAS WITHOUT DOUBT THE SOUTH COAST SCRATCH AT HARLOW MADE BY THE FANTASTIC NORTHERN CONTINGENT.

BEST NEWCOMER WAS KCJ AT OLD HALL BRILLIANT PROSPECT.

SOUTHERN SPARK ,MAJOR POINT BUT THE BEST ACHIEVEMENT WAS LITTLE BILL WINNING SUPREME FOR THE THIRD TIME AT WORCESTER.

BITCH THE INCOMPARABLE MOCHARA HEART OF A LION AND COMPARABLE TO THE GREATS OF THE PAST,CANT GIVE HER ANY HIGHER PRAISE,

SCRATCH THE BRILLIANT BAGHEERA SUCH DEVASTATING EARLY PACE SHE WINS HER RACES IN THE FIRST 100 YARDS.

THOUGHT FOR 2009 FOR WHIPPET RACING TO PROSPER PEOPLE MUST PUT THERE DIFFERENCES ASIDE AND ALL PULL IN THE SAME DIRECTION.

1. Best bend race.

Lots of good bend races that have got the adrenaline going but for personal reasons, 30lb class at the Show the World with our two brothers running neck and neck.

2. Best straight race

Again for personal reasons, to see Branco on fire at the BWRA straight champs after injury to take her first title for her owner/breeder - i nearly peed my pants i was shouting that much :- "

3. Best bend event

I liked Highgate WRC's first bend open, everything went smoothly, some great racing and everyone went home happy.

4. Best straight event

A lot of good straight opens have taken place this year but i always think the Gin Pit weekend is enjoyable, especially the George Hartley Open as it's an open in honour of a lovely man with formats that make the final outcome unpredictable.

Best bend atmosphere without doubt Harlow Scratch Champs, no moaning, everything went smoothly and it's a great venue run by lovely people.

Best straight event Scottish Derby, the prestige is high and those bagpipes for the Derby Final would make the most hard hearted of people get a lump in their throat.

Vivs Perfection, she has really hit form this year. I think her new owner should be very proud of what they've achieved with this bitch, her fitness looks second to none and she's really impressed me against good opposition.

7. Best dog

Gold Run, this dog's done it all in his career, although he's been lightly raced this year when we've seen him run he's been a joy to watch - again his owners should be very proud with what they & Danny have achieved it can't have been easy with age & injuries catching up.

8. Best bitch

Try as best i can i can't think of any bitch that's been as consistent as Cara this year, she truelly is one in a million and we're very proud of her.

9. Best scr

Too many good scratch dogs to mention, it was lovely to see Turkish take supreme scratch at the NNWRF champs, he was outstanding all day, it was also nice to see Deneside Belle back racing and showing true class.

great topic

1. Best bend race dont really do bends but enjoyed the show the world it was such a nice day

2. Best straight race will always be the scottish derby 4 me

3. Best bend event prob the show the world

4. Best straight event again scottish derby

5. Best atmosphere bend/straight scottish derby

6. Most improved dog/bitch/scr dog hmmm not sure? bitch KCJ SCR our ebby

7. Best dog either gold run, little bill or maid your point

8. Best bitch mochara and i always like to watch indica

9. Best scr i think kaiser chief deserves a mention here

1. Best bend race BAGHEERA WINNING AT HARLOW

2. Best straight race WEARDALE SPOT WINNING JAN KEEBLE GOLD CUP

3. Best bend event HARLOW CLASS TRACK

4. Best straight event DEVON

5. Best atmosphere bend/straight HARLOW GREAT DAY

6. Most improved dog/bitch/scr SOUTHERN SPARK

7. Best dog FAT BOY SLIM

8. Best bitch MOCHARA

9. Best scr BAGHEERA

BEST OFF LUCK EVERYONE NEXT YEAR HAPPY XMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE :luck: :cheers:

Here are my thoughts for the Review of 2008:

1. Best Bend Race

The race between Fiddler & Purple Rain at the NNWRF championships.

2. Best Straight Race

The supreme final at the BWRA championships at Worcester between Little Bill, Fatboy Slim & Maid your Point.

3. Best Bend Event

I don't have a favourite - I think all the bend events have been well organised.

4. Best Straight Event

The Jan Keeble / South Coast Scratch weekend at Thurrock. The racing events and evening events were well organised.

5. Best Atmosphere Bend / Straight

The Gin Pit weekend in July - everybody was friendly and the hog roast was great.

6. Most improved dog / bitch / scratch

Nobody likes to put their own dog down but I cannot think of any dog that has improved as much as Southern Spark during the last year. At the start of the year he was not racing and by the end of it he was winning on the straights & bends.

7. Best Dog

This has to be Little Bill for his achievement winning BWRA Sup RCh for the third year on the run - something not done for over 30 years. I think Maid your Point also deserves a mention for all his achievements over 2008.

8. Best Bitch

This has to be Mo Chara. She has been running on form all year and has nothing else to prove.

9. Best Scratch

This has to be Bagheera who has proved a hard act to beat. Kaiser Chief has also been running well during the year.

Back