The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Rehoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjasper

Registered
Reaction score
Taken Jasper to the vets this morning for his Jabs, had a great talk with Pete about Blue and she has now helped medical science as they have removed the tumour for testing - Hopefully her death won't be in vein and she will help to save other dogs with what they can find out. She was cremated yesterday and I now feel that I have dotted the I's and crossed the T's.

Jasper is still very depressed, he only appears happy when he is with other dogs, Petes recommendation was to go home have a cup of tea and maybe just maybe have a good think of providing a home for some dog that needs it.

Do you think this is to soon??? Should I give Jasper time to get over Blue's death???? Or would a playmate be good for us all to help heal the wounds???

What do you think??

If there are any dogs / bitches that need a home could we be the people to offer a warm fireplace and a comfy sofa.

hiya hun ,i didnt think i was ready for another so soon after my poppy but my other half and son got me lily not long after poppy passed away ,it didnt stop the pain or make me think about or miss my poppy any less ,but it kept me busy and would not be without her for a second now ,i think if you think it will help you or you jasper in any way id say go for it :luck:

it would definately be a good thing for you all, and wherever blue is, im sure she'd want you to recover from the loss and share all the love she had from you with a deserving dog out there. you'll never forget her, never replace her, she will always be in your heart. there is no better tribute you can offer her memory :luck:

I wouldn't know what to advise you, but im sure you will know

when the time is right :)

Oh yes and that little Cutie certainly lives up to her name.

I had already arranged to have Jinny when my 4 year old collie, Fizz, died very suddenly and unexpectedly on the Tuesday.

On Wednesday, we drove up to Derbyshire to get Jinny, a few days earlier than planned but we needed to get away from the house for a while.

Jinny healed the gaping wound that Fizz's death left in my heart. The pain was still there but having a new life to devote time and love to made all the difference to my ability to carry on :wub:

It helped Rio and Abbie, the GSDs to cope without Fizz too :thumbsup:

Good luck in whatever you decide, Sarah :luck: . There are so many needing a loving, forever home :thumbsup:

When BJ died in a freak accident,,we thought we could never get over it,,in a way we never,,but we bought Nemo,,,about 3 weeks after BJ died. He brought joy to the house again,, a little bundle of fun. The kids did get over his death,,but we still to this day talk about him. Get a friend,,bring joy to your house,,you will never forget Blue,,but it does help in a way.

BJ to this day is still in our bedroon,,we cant bury him,,so his ashes will go with either me or John. Hope its a while away.

If we never got another dog after our pet had died,,,what a terrible world it would be.

Get another,,give it a happy life :D

You will know yourself when you feel the time is right :)) Good luck in your search :luck:

I'm sure there's a wee dog out there somewhere who would be very lucky indeed to find such a loving home and in return would be able to help Jasper with his loneliness and give you something positive to focus on in memory of your special girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back