The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Raw food diet-amounts and general help

dottydiva62

Registered
Reaction score
(w00t) Hello. I am a new member with a 4 month old labradoodle puppy. I have been looking at putting her onto a raw food diet since a friend suggested giving her a chicken wing daily as a treat. She absolutely loves them and it got me thinking about what I was actually feeding her (currently Science Plan Puppy and Nature Diet). Having looked into the BARF diet I am keen to start feeding this but want to make it up myself but how much and can or should she still have some kibble? I had seen that Orijen or Purizon were good but someone said they are high in protein so I am now totally confused. I want to do the very best by her so it is important I get it right! Thank you for all replies as all advice (positive and negative) greatly appreciated.

014.JPG

Raw food is always good for a dog, but you could also say the top brands of biscuit have spent a lot of time and money researching to provide a good quality diet for your dog.

Top greyhound vet Richard Torr told me raw meat strips calcium, so too much isn't good for a puppy as they need calcium for their bones. Chicken wings raw are great, my whippets love them.

Back