The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Racing Pictures From Birr

Martin Tucker

Registered
Reaction score
Ernie comes from three lenghts down to beat Paris in the Whippet section.

Ernie comes from three lengths down to beat Paris in the Whippet section.

Ernie2.jpg

Ernie3.jpg

Smokey winning his heat of the Over 23".

Smoky.jpg

Zena winning her "re-run" heat of the under 23".

Zena.jpg

Seldom Fed easily winning the final of the over 23".

SeldomFed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good action pics Martin. You must have a decent camera. :thumbsup:

Dave

I took your advice and bought a Canon 400D when I was in America. Gavin will now explain to you what we got in the package over there.

We got the camera frame, a Canon 50mm f1.8 prime lens, a Tamron 28-80mm f/4 telephoto lens, a Tamron 75-300m f/5.6 telemacro lens, a x2.0 zoom lens, a x0.5 wide angle lens, a 4GB CF high speed memory card, a 3ft tripod,a table-top tripod, three UV filters, a slave flash and a carry case all for $990 delivered to where we were staying.

Thanks for all your advice!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pic's - well done with Ernie :thumbsup:

Its a great deal. It is a really good camera but completely wasted on me. The Tamron lens are decent quality as well. Good luck with it mate.

Dave

FAB pictures Martin ........Ernie is :wub:

Is that a 'hairy' I see winning one of the races ?????? (w00t) If so, I might give mine a go !!

I have just bought the very same camera .................... how are you getting on with it ???

Congrats too on a great result. :thumbsup:

Martin Tucker said:
Here`s one of Ernie getting a spin around Longford recently !
Ernielongford.jpg

what sort of distance did it run aroung longford , martin , heres a picture , of my bitch , she won a 1000m marathon at highgate , by 50>60 yards.http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii167/dennned/Picture075-1.jpg

The distance at Longford is 330 yards and the best he`s done is 19.22. Grading time for the greyhounds is 19.12.

He has a 6.99 to the corner, Greyhounds would do around 6.60.

I think that`s quite good, as he`s only 31lbs.

He`s just a nice little dog to have around the place. Here he is after winning at Shanes Castle last year !

erniesc.jpg

well done martin hes a lovely looking dog :thumbsup:

aye ,martin , good looking hound you got there , for something so small , he must have lots of early, he's a credit to ye.

Well done little Erne on a fightback to the finishline , spirited run from wee Paris too ! :thumbsup:

Good pix Martin..hope that doesnt mean your gonna bored the tits of us now (w00t) :thumbsup:

Back