The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Racing At Scottish Championships

dennned

Registered
Reaction score
the racing events at the scottish champion of champions was a full program , first up was the terriers 18 entries for the £50 first prize went to a cross bred russell , the lurchers was also a full event , a nockout competition for 16 dogs saw , in the semi - finals between john humphries'es colt taking on a grey x colliex saluki , colt winning by 4 lengths , the other semi was another cracking affair , between, china - and a pure bred greyhound ( unknown to the organisers till after the event ) china becoming victorious again , in her quarter - final , china caught the lure so the heat had to be re-run , the other dog was also a pure bred grey , belonging to the same woman , china did the buisness a second time , by 2 lengths, the final was a tough race , poor china had less rest and had run one more heat than colt , but she made him pull out all the stops, colt winning by 2 lengths , lifting the £50 first prize , one member of the public refered to china , as an excocet missile , to which i must agree some bitch that , but colts a real good dog too.

Last edited by a moderator:
have to thank you Den for a splendiferious day ! had a nice welcome and shown great hospitality all day long. The venue itself was set amid rolling mountains with views to die for all-round. The track was a freshly cut cricket field so you can imagine how lush it was. fenced-off it made for great spectator viewing and i have to admit the crowd were more than enthusiastic.

As predicted the 16 dogs were all in great order and there were no slow dogs. Ive always enjoyed an event were all dogs are raced against one another in a knock-out form. My 2 ran well i have to say and Colt is getting stronger after each event i go to. China had a good day too only in the final against Colt she did what i said she do...."twat about" ! theyve never raced each other before and so when she realised she was against Colt she ran beside him watching him with no intention of "going down a gear" as my video shows...infact she ruined the blinking race ! lol

heres the vid clip...look at the monkey cantering along :blink: http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o171/st...nt=S8302714.flv

have a look at Colts Face in this pic..hes laughing because he beat her !

coltlaffs.jpg

A good bunch of lads and lassies who worked really hard to get this event running like it did. well done :thumbsup: Great day and well done all the dogs and owners. also well done my chums Geoff and Martin with their unstoppable terrier in the racing...what a dog !

Ps Den...thanks for the magic rub..and the socks :thumbsup:

stormydog said:
have to thank you Den for a splendiferious day !  had a nice welcome and shown great hospitality all day long.  The venue itself was set amid rolling mountains with views to die for all-round. The track was a freshly cut cricket field so you can imagine how lush it was. fenced-off it made for great spectator viewing and i have to admit the crowd were more than enthusiastic. As predicted the 16 dogs were all in great order and there were no slow dogs. Ive always enjoyed an event were all dogs are raced against one another in a knock-out form. My 2 ran well i have to say and Colt is getting stronger after each event i go to. China had a good day too only in the final against Colt she did what i said she do...."twat about" !  theyve never raced each other before and so when she realised she was against Colt she ran beside him watching him with no intention of "going down a gear" as my video shows...infact she ruined the blinking race !  lol

heres the vid clip...look at the monkey cantering along  :blink: http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o171/st...nt=S8302714.flv

have a look at Colts Face in this pic..hes laughing because he beat her !

coltlaffs.jpg

A good bunch of lads and lassies who worked really hard to get this event running like it did.  well done  :thumbsup:   Great day and well done all the dogs and owners.  also  well done my chums Geoff and Martin with their unstoppable terrier in the racing...what a dog !

Ps Den...thanks for the magic rub..and the socks  :thumbsup:

john , thanks for the kind words , but it was our pleasure to have you as our judge on the day , it was also our pleasure to watch 2 magnificent dogs racing , just a pity my bitch could'nt reach the final , but as you saw on the dvd , 160>180 far too short, all the spectators would have been talking all there journey home , about just how fast your 2 are, good luck in the future with them , if i can i might come to shanes castle next year. see ye

:cheers: WELL DONE JOHN. :cheers:

BIG :huggles: TO COLT AND CHINA :wub: :wub:

Hi

Thanks John, hope you had a safe journey home - was good to see you also making the trip to Scotland. Congrats on both your finalists espec the big fella - great to watch.

I would also echo those thoughts it was a cracking well organised day which was made more enjoyable by the competition and weather.

As for our laal terrier Whisper it has been a while since he has been beaten on the straight racing and has gone the season unbeaten on the coursing,

We will be at the Cheshire finals if anybody wants to take up the terrier racing challenge!!!!!!!

Geoff

" in your face china!!" colt chuckles to himself :teehee: love the vid..bless her :wub:

keep looking at the pic of your two and they really are in fantastic form arent they?? done you proud this year :thumbsup:

Painted Lady said:
keep looking at the pic of your two and they really are in fantastic form arent they?? done you proud this year :thumbsup:
couldnt agree more sarah............stunning pair of woofers :thumbsup:

john , by the way your dogs ran , we might have to have a handicap system next year , all other dogs to start from 1/2 yard , yours to start off -12yards just to make it fair :lol: , only kidding , your welcome back anytime .

dennned said:
john , by the way your dogs ran , we might have to have a handicap system next year , all other dogs to start from 1/2 yard , yours to start off -12yards just to make it fair :lol: , only kidding , your welcome back anytime .
You better book me in Stuart :thumbsup: me Hazel are coming back into the lurcher's in 2009 :thumbsup:

(w00t) Welcome to the world of lurcher racing, Geoff and hazel, you haven't done this just because I'm coming over to non peds, have you? :lol: :lol: :p Di.

bugger off :p , geoff , your far too sucessfull to come racing the lurchers again :thumbsup: , only kidding ;) , you know your welcome up here anytime , we might even learn a thing or two, but honestly good luck :luck: .

dennned said:
bugger off  :p , geoff , your far too sucessfull to come racing the lurchers again  :thumbsup: , only kidding  ;) , you know your welcome up here anytime , we might even learn a thing or two, but honestly good luck  :luck: .
Stuart,I'm really serious,I miss having the crack,plus there's alot of weekend events where we can come with our caravan :thumbsup:

You better book me in Stuart :thumbsup: me Hazel are coming back into the lurcher's in 2009 :thumbsup:

here your more than welcome to come over here mate when we get things going theres plenty of room for you and hazel

milly said:
dennned said:
bugger off  :p , geoff , your far too sucessfull to come racing the lurchers again  :thumbsup: , only kidding  ;) , you know your welcome up here anytime , we might even learn a thing or two, but honestly good luck  :luck: .
Stuart,I'm really serious,I miss having the crack,plus there's alot of weekend events where we can come with our caravan :thumbsup:

geoff , i'll have to organise the racing , for my bitch , all race heats 1000m , plus the final , might have a chance to beat all the non peds then , but hey , im kidding , good luck , what breed you gonna look for ,

coatsy said:

here your more than welcome to come over here mate when we get things going theres plenty of room for you and hazel

:thumbsup: just point us in the direction of a good caravan site coatsy, but thats a nice offer anyway :thumbsup:

dennned said:
milly said:
dennned said:

geoff , i'll have to organise the racing , for my bitch , all race heats 1000m , plus the final , might have a chance to beat all the non peds then , but hey , im kidding , good luck , what breed you gonna look for ,

Already got it Stuart, whippet greyhound x whippet greyhound saluki :thumbsup:

Back