The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Racing at Manton

dawn

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

Anyone racing at Manton tomorrow?? :D

We will be going along for a trip down memory lane now we know where and when there is some racing!! :b

Dawn ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dawn, might go to manton tomorrow to have a watch, what dogs did you used to race :D ....

Hi Jojess

It was a long time ago when we used to race. I have had whippets all my life and remember going with my dad and his friend to race meetings, when I was little, it must have been in the early 70,s. We used to go to Swallownest and there was one just off the Parkway if my memory serves me right.

Dont know what the dogs racing name was but he was called Nelson due to the fact he only had one eye.

He was a brilliant dog but was handicapped with the loss of sight in his eye but when he caught sight of the lure he was like grease lightning.

My husband and I now show whippets, just hope I dont get bitten by the racing bug as I know it is just as addictive as showing ???

Anyway look out for us tomorrow.

What time is kick off?? around 12??

hello dawn, we raced at swallow nest too so we might know you look forward to meeting you again......... :D

Hiya dawn

Hope ya enjoyed your morning racing at manton.

Hope ya peds enjoyed their trials too.

You probably dont know who i am im one of the young twins there my mum is the woman judging and who slipped ya dogs (Karen) Im Sadie and the other twin is kim its usually me on here or mum Kim dont come on much!!

Hope to see ya again one day if ya enjoyed!!

:D :) :D

Did your dogs chase no probs Dawn? Have they ever done it before?

:D :p :p :p Hope you enjoyed your day out at manton Dawn, i know they always make all welcome....sorry i did not make it today but will meet you soon i hope :D :D :D

Hi

Unfortunatley we were not able to get today but will go along the next free Sunday when we dont have a show.

So not sure whose dogs you slipped Sadie but it wasn't ours :D

:0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 My husband says he hopes there isn't another one of me!! :D :0 :0 :0 :0 :0

Are there any othe race meets near Manton?

Our dogs have never trialed before, but we took them to see some Lurcher coursing and the young fawn went potty after the lure so I dont think she would be a problem.

Hey sadie, what time do you race till on a sunday..... :D

Hi Dawn,

Sorry we assumed it was you who had turned up on Sunday we had two new people with peds who had never been before and they trialled their dogs both went well considering they had never been on the track before.

Sorry again, but look forward to meeting you if you find time to visit us and yes we try to make everyone welcome.

Hiya Pat

We race till we've done at Manton on Sundays lol

We start at 11.30 and depends how many dogs we have on what time we finish and depends what the night before was like if i've had a few too many it takes me a bit longer to get programme sorted lol. Usually finish about 1pm.

Karen

THANKS Sadie and co,, will see you there , hope you aint had too much to drink but then again why not....... :D enjoy..

Back