The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Pup Wanted

Rabbitrunner

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new to the site, I am hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction on getting hold of a pup. I have plenty of experience with lurchers but have never had a working whippet. I live on the edge of Dartmoor (Devon) on a 500 acre estate with more rabbits than you can shake a stick at.

So I am looking for either a pup or older dog, it will be living in the house as part of the family. I am happy to travel outside of Devon as far as Wiltshire and into south Wales. If anyone can give me some help I would be grateful, please email.

yours sincerely,

Rabbitrunner

Rabbitrunner said:
Hi All,
I am new to the site, I am hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction on getting hold of a pup.  I have plenty of experience with lurchers but have never had a working whippet.  I live on the edge of Dartmoor (Devon) on a 500 acre estate with more rabbits than you can shake a stick at.

So I am looking for either a pup or older dog, it will be living in the house as part of the family. I am happy to travel outside of Devon as far as Wiltshire and into south Wales. If anyone can give me some help I would be grateful, please email.

yours sincerely,

Rabbitrunner

try e-pupz,theres a few pups on there,type in lurchers

Do you a full website address for e-pupz, as I have never heard of it until now ?

many thanks.

Welcome to K9 Rabbitrunner :cheers:

I am curious as to why people are recommending epupz I personally would wait and see if any come up on here when you see a litter or dog for rehoming come up just email the person and ask, you have more chance of knowing the dogs background on here and most whippets on epupz are usually mentioned on here anyway :thumbsup:

Am I to assume that epupz is an online "Exchange and Mart" type thing ? Thanks to those who suggested it anyway. Have put all the feelers out so it's just a case of waiting....

Many thanks for the welcome, hope to include the progress of whatever pup/dog I end up with, on here.

Rabbitrunner said:
Am I to assume that epupz is an online "Exchange and Mart" type thing ?  Thanks to those who suggested it anyway. Have put all the feelers out  so it's just a case of waiting....
Many thanks for the welcome, hope to include the progress of whatever pup/dog I end up with, on here.

Well I don't know much about it, but you'd be lucky to find a pup on there from any reputable breeder on here :thumbsup:

I would keep my eye on the coursing section as breeders of working bred pups usually put on there if they have a litter planned or have puppies available.

Yes please do keep us updated it's great to see pups/dogs progress in their new homes :thumbsup:

Rabbitrunner said:
Hi All,
I am new to the site, I am hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction on getting hold of a pup.  I have plenty of experience with lurchers but have never had a working whippet.  I live on the edge of Dartmoor (Devon) on a 500 acre estate with more rabbits than you can shake a stick at.

yours sincerely,

Rabbitrunner

i have brought puppies from epupz before, no problem. i have brought puppies from some breeders, and have had problems, so were ever you get a puppy, be careful, if something dont seem right, dont buy. try,www.hardcorehunting.co.uk. or www.moochershunting.com  or www.thehuntinglife.com or  www.earthdogrunningdog.com    there is usually puppies on these sites, some for working some for just pets, it might be worth you looking,  :thumbsup:

Gypsy needs a home -

dont know if she is of interest to you.

epupz is a great site! known many peeps who look for pups on there not just whippets either. ;) Its worth a look

epupz is a cool site i to know loads of peeps who use it for looking at all different types off dog!!!

good luck in your search :luck:

lalena said:
daledogs said:
imperative said:
epupz is a great site! known many peeps who look for pups on there not just whippets either. ;) Its worth a look
he has found a lovely black whippet :thumbsup:

:cheers: on a new pup (w00t) we need pics as soon as possible :p

i put some photos on General Discussions Whippets Lalena for Rabbitrunner :lol: you must have miss that :lol: :lol:

Back