The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Poo Eating

wellybob

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone, We are in despair

over Jovi and his poo eating, not his own I might add but every other dog's he might fancy, we are now thinking of muzzling him, I dont want to, I realy dont want to but cant see any other option, he has to be wormed every month

that isn't a problem but worry in case he picks up a tummy bug he even eats given chance bird poo, he is well fed

very healthy and well loved why has he got this bad habit? He absolutely loves eating poo he gets excited when he finds it

has anyone else had this problem and any advice other than a muzzle will be welcome, we could just lead walk him

every where but that's no fun for him or us. Wellibob. :wacko:

I have had the same problem. Six months wearing a (racing) muzzle works best but it does take some time washing muzzles for the dog to loose the habit. I have yet to find an alternative that works. Your dog will soon come to associate the muzzle with going for a walk so do not feel bad about using one.

One of my nephews bitches did the same/ Got tablets from Premarket you give the tablets everyday if more than one dog in house these have to have them as well. They do work good luck

Regards

Joyce

yep poo eating is a disgusting 'habit' to some dogs

i have one who eats everything(chicken,cat,dog,horse any poo) and now shes muzzle out when i know shes sniffing around,if shes playing with others or playing with her ball then the muzzle comes off

ive tried saying firmly NO and im sure shes knows shes not suppose to it but shes gulped it before i can get to her :wacko:

unfortually theres so much rubbish in dog food it doesnt get digested and its still ediable to others

if a dog is fed completely raw my dog doesnt touch it as this is completly waste

my dog doesnt eat her own nor my other whippys

some say try giving pineapple..this didnt work with mine

ive theated her with a electic collar (only joking) :sweating: so ic an zapp her from a distance

ive also tried, everytime you see any poo around by putting curry powder/garlic on to it..but my whippy usually found the poo beforei get to it (w00t)

Bought a bag of Chudleys Classic last week. Since then a few of mine have started this disgusting habit.

Must be something in the food as they don't bother with cow, sheep or horse poo.

Thank You everyone for you're replies, I am glad in a roundabout way it's not just us who have this problem!!

we've been a long lead walk this morning so the tension is relaxed today no poo hunting!! We will possibly buy a muzzle

when we do our annual visit to the vet's in a week or so, tomorrow it's back in the park and hopefully there wont be to much poo about, why people dont pick up after their dog's is beyond me! thank's again. wellybob

Back