The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Places U'd like to see?...

leashedForLife

Registered
Reaction score

I just saw a delightful video-tour of Stoughton, Wisc - a small town with a strong ethnic history of Norwegian & German settlers, where lutefisk is an annual event, rosemaling is seen in many places, & virtually every business, downtown, is owned by an "____son"... son of John, son of Ol, son of Wil, son of some man... LOL. // I'd love to open a boutique there & name it "Katrinsdotter". ;)

Around The Corner with John McGivern: Stoughton | N.S.E.W. (NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, WEST)

the unforgettable detail -
see their gorgeous City Hall / library / city auditorium / opera hall, all in one building on Main st - Circa 1900; the auditorium still has the original hand-made wooden seats that fold up, each with a wire hat-rack beneath the seat, to hold the brim of an upside-down chapeau. :)
[the wire racks, i will add, are designed for men's hats - narrow brimmed fedoras, derbies, pork-pies, etc; not for ladies' hats, despite the fact that "respectable" women wore hats in public in the USA into the mid-1960s. :rolleyes: Women kept their hats on, indoors - men doffed them.]
The drop-cloth on the main stage is a fantastic hand-painted oilcloth with local businesses, etc, edging the banner in small framed medallions, as a form of low-key advertisement.

Their auditorium & stage have hosted vaudeville, movies, live theatre, political speeches, temperance meetings, union activists, suffragists, local musicians, school plays, spelling contests, & every imaginable public event that doesn't require a church.

cobalt is the current paint shade - French blue was the previous incarnation.

Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 2.33.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 2.33.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 2.34.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 2.35.17 PM.png

heartbreaker:
At Their Lowest Point, Music Lifts Up Harmonious Wail

Is there something U'd love to see, in person?...
- terry

I hope one day I can go to New Zealand, i just want to see the actual footage of Lord of the Ring film, especially the shire or the Frodo home

I would adore to see the land of the strays in Costa Rica.

Back